- June 13, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Position: Logistic Manager – NORTH EAST SYRIA
Location: North East Syria
Duration: 12 months (3-month probation period)
Closing date of the vacancy: 04th July 2022 (applications on a rolling basis)
Starting from: 10th August 2022
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an international humanitarian organization, based in Italy. Originally named Un Ponte Per Baghdad (A Bridge to Baghdad), the association became simply Un Ponte Per after the extension of its work to the Balkans, as well as other Middle East and Mediterranean countries.
UPP is currently active in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Serbia and Kosovo alongside civil society organizations. In Italy and in Europe, UPP works to promote peace and disarmament, human rights, and refugees and migrants’ inclusion. UPP strongly rejects war as a solution to international and national conflicts, it exerts restless efforts with the ultimate objective of developing more equal and peaceful coexistence up to social cohesion.
For further information please refer to our website: www.unponteper.it/en/
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Un Ponte Per is looking for a Logistic Manager who will be responsible for the following major tasks:
1. Supply chain management
- Ensure that any need should be delivered according to the defined chronogram, requested quality standards, and proper procurement scenario in line with donor mandate.
- For any procurement, guarantee the compliance of the supplier selection & related documentation as per UPP & donor’s procurement guidelines.
- Ensure adequate procurement planning through developing, updating and revising project and mission procurement plans, in collaboration with the project and mission senior management.
- Build the sourcing capacity in the country and in the region and maintain a supplier database accordingly.
- Coordinate the procurement cycle across the country with all stakeholders (program, finance, coordination, suppliers, etc.) from the planning stage, to contract signature until delivery completion; in collaboration with senior managers arrange the Procurement Committee sessions.
- Coordinating the logistic team, ensure constant availability of running supplies/services/works such as stationery, refreshment, transportation means, etc. through framework agreements.
- Manage traceability & reconciliation between orders, contracts & deliveries, and liaise with finance for problem solving.
Stocks & deliveries:
- Ensure appropriate storage network & stock management standards with databases across all warehouses and premises in coordination with UPP and partners logistic teams.
- Identify & settle warehouses/storage space based on needs in coordination with UPP and partners logistic teams
- Coordinate & follow-up deliveries & liaise efficiently with suppliers for problem solving.
- Supervise correct inventorying and stock management, and intervene when needed.
- Supervise correct implementation of tools and guidelines inventorying and stock management, identifying gaps and proposing improvements to address gaps and bottlenecks.
- Maintain a regular information across teams about stock levels & expected lead-times.
- Coordinating the logistic team, manage periodic inventories, stock clearance and investigations over discrepancies.
Medical Supply Chain
- Supervise correct implementation of medical supply chain, in coordination with medical supply chain staff and in accordance with UPP and donor requirements, as well as with general standards of medical supply chain, and intervene when needed.
- Supervise correct implementation of tools and guidelines for medical supply chain, identifying gaps and proposing improvements to address gaps and bottlenecks.
- Supervise correct implementation of shipment processes (international, cross border NES-KRI, internal in NES), intervene when needed, identifying gaps and proposing improvements to address gaps and bottlenecks.
- Ensure administrative requirements are met toward customs and any other local authority during custom clearances processes and transportation of goods.
- Ensure goods transportation means are secured as per needs.
- Maintain a regular information across teams about shipments & expected lead-times.
- Supervise the custom clearance processes, and intervene when needed.
2. Transversal logistical management
- Deploy an efficient asset allocation & maintenance plan across the country.
- Anticipate needs for assets and liaise with Head of Admin, Head of Office and Head of Mission to anticipate budgets accordingly.
- Support the procurement officer, supply Chain advisor and Pharma Log to maintain an up-to-date asset inventory, including proper asset labelling; investigate and document any loss or damage.
- Supervise asset inventories to check the monthly asset follow-up reliability and take the needed corrective actions.
- Support in development of asset maintenance plans, control & optimize related costs.
- Organize regular staff trainings and refreshers.
- Coordinating the logistic team, manage assets donations, obsolescence & replacements over the time in compliance with internal & external regulations.
Premises and maintenance:
- In coordination with Head of Office, ensure proper working & living conditions for all staff in each premise, at all times, by maintaining an efficient general services approach.
- Identify & settle premises (offices, guesthouses & warehouses) based on geographical, operational, security, and financial criteria, in close liaison with Head of Mission, Head of Office and Country Admin Manager.
- In coordination with project managers, ensure that proper conditions in project facilities are guaranteed at all times.
- Supervise the identification of maintenance needs (maintenance services, items needed, etc.), the definition of related Bill of Quantities and list of items/services needed, as well as the correct implementation of maintenance activities.
Communications & IT management:
- Deploy an efficient IT plan across the country based on UPP HQ referent standards.
- Anticipate communication & IT needs and liaise with Head of Office and and Country Admin Manager to anticipate budgets and needs accordingly.
- Control & optimize communication & IT costs in coordination with SFP, Country Admin and HoO.
- Collaborate and remain informed with SFP on ensuring administrative requirements are met toward local authorities for communication means in use.
3. Compliance & transparency
- Establish, harmonize and maintain appropriate standardized logistics procedures and policies across the mission and according to UPP and donor requirements, especially regarding procurement and supply chain.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to UPP Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud policy.
- Seek for guidance and validations from the Head of Mission and Desks in HQ when needed.
- Develop and coordinate logistics reporting tool on a monthly basis to HQ and ensure checking the reliability & relevance of data reported.
- Organize departmental refresher trainings for logistics staff internally on UPP procedures, lessons learnt, FAQ, etc. across workshops or field visits.
- Anticipate unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies; capitalize on lessons learnt through memos, training module, etc. for continuous improvements of logistics compliance in country.
- Supervise proper filing and archiving of all the relevant documentation, ensuring its compliance with UPP guidelines and manuals.
- Follow-up & update internal & external audit reports for logistics.
4. Overall Management Leadership
- Update the organigram of the logistics department according to the mission development, in coordination with HoO, HoM and HQ relevant staff.
- Plan & conduct logistics staff recruitments & appraisals in coordination with HR department; train & build capacities of logistics staff in country, ensuring that clear roles, tasks and responsibilities of logistics tasks are defined and up to date; identify staff with potential, and contribute to internal mobility strategy; ensure adequate and effective distribution of tasks among logistics staff.
- Always actively promote strong & structured articulations with all teams for all logistics operations (program & finance in particular).
- Implement effective communication streamflow between logistics and administration department, as well as with programme department.
- Manage Implementing Partners relationships on logistics aspects such as procurements, stock & asset management, logistics reporting. Ensure the timely & exhaustive review of logistics documentation, in coordination with HoM and relevant HQ staff.
- Represent UPP with relevant logistics and communication networks, actively building relevant relationships (logistics cluster, etc.), in coordination with HoM.
- Actively participate in country level coordination meetings by reporting on progress, and risks, In coordination with HoM.
- Contribute to donor proposals, budgets and reports.
- Contribute to Emergency Response planning and Contingency Planning efforts for logistics and procurement needs and execution.
Expected Skills and qualifications
- University degree in Business Administration / Management or equivalent working experience
- Extensive experience (at least 3years) in logistics management and procedures
- Demonstrated strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
UPP requires criminal background check certificate (released max 3 months before the date of job offer) to confirm a job offer. We are aware that in some countries the release of criminal background certificate by the competent authorities might require several weeks. However, UPP runs selections to deploy staff in emergency programs and time-lapse between job offer and field deployment is often very short. Thus, we kindly ask all candidates to get prepared on time and be able to submit their certificate promptly in case of success in the selection.
- Experience in main donors funded project (EU, UN, USAID, AICS etc.).
- Experience in Emergency projects management.
- Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
- Knowledge of Arabic or Italian is an asset.
Un Ponte Per is an International NGO committed to diversity and inclusion within its teams, in line with the principle of non-discrimination. UPP encourages all candidates irrespective of gender, religion and ethnicity including persons with disabilities to apply and become part of the organization.
UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence. By applying, any candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standard in terms of SEA and Child Safeguarding and that s/he will not in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP will conduct extensive reference check and vetting on shortlisted candidates, also over the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background check might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV (PDF format) with the authorization to use and process data on the base of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – GDPR and a brief cover letter (PDF format) that includes the contact information for three Professional References (relevant and recent) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference “Log Manager – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application and name the files attached to your application as surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc. Be informed that UPP screens prospective colleagues through anti-terrorism/anti-money-laundering/anti-corruption/anti-fraud sanctions lists before job offer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of this position Un Ponte Per reserves the right to screen applications on a rolling basis.