- March 11, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Are you an experienced Logistics/ICT Manager with a minimum of 3 years of experience in humanitarian volatile contexts? We encourage you to join our team to support the Ukrainian crisis. Your skills, knowledge, and experience can make a big difference and you will work on a mission in the startup phase in a challenging, emergency context in Europe.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has been present in Ukraine since 2014, helping more than 700,000 people with food, shelter, water, sanitation and legal assistance. These days NRC provides support people affected by armed conflict and those fleeing in search of safety. NRC’s main focus is to provide immediate humanitarian relief, including cash, shelter assistance, information, counselling and legal aid. Rapid change of situation in February 2022 during which whole Ukraine became affected by the conflict required significant scale up emergency programmes with logistics and supply chains that stretched to outside of Ukraine and are across whole country, from west to the east.
The purpose of the Logistic/ICT Manager is to be responsible that the logistic set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to implement cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Consolidate the procurement plans of the Country Office that include all areas of operation, implementing initiatives related to the preparation of framework agreements.
- Ensure updating of a supplier database and a price list.
- Lead the implementation of a cost-efficient fleet management system.
- Implement a warehouse supervision and control system.
- Ensure that the Country Office has an updated Asset Registry at all times.
- Ensure that all logistics processes in Ukraine have a SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) to regulate the procedure to follow, and that these are reviewed and updated when necessary.
- Leadership in the reorganization of the Logistics Department at the Area and Field Office levels to ensure adequate segregation of functions, independence and promote a “service-oriented culture” for the implementation of the program.
- Implement, in collaboration with Programs, the Market Analysis project.
- Set up and implement efficient supply chain which includes cross border operation, warehousing with receiving and dispatching of goods from west to east of the country with effective “last mile” delivery/distributions?
- Ensure that ICT systems are set up and protected from the risks of cyber crime and data abuse.
For more information please check the detailed Job Description
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge and skills in market assessments, analysis and cash-based interventions
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in Ukraine is an asset
- Knowledge of the local language is an asset
- Experience with start-up is an advantage
What we offer:
· Type of contract:** 12 months’ contract
· Travel:** 50% across operations
· Salary and Benefits: Based on the NRC scale
PLEASE NOTE: Schengen visa/European Passport (due to work permit requirements) plus experience in humanitarian work will be required, kindly brief me on your message with both nationality/visa and your experience.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. This is an urgent recruitment.
Duty station: Ivanov-Frankivsk**, Ukraine.** Final location may change as part of the operations development. Candidates will be informed in due course.