- August 4, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Port Sudan, Sudan.
As MEAL Coordinator you will support high quality project implementation by leading on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning for Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Sudan. This includes project monitoring, supporting, initiating and managing evaluations, ensuring cross-learning among projects, creating systems for accountability to people we want to assist, MEAL budgeting and recruitment, and supporting proposal development. You will be expected to manage the MEAL unit and lead capacity building of M&E and Accountability Officers in the field offices and Country Office.
- Advise on developing M&E Plans and develop tools with program teams
- Ensure compliance with Welthungerhilfe regulations on MEAL, ensuring that M&E data generated by projects is accurately reflected on WHH’s project management information system
- Lead development on ToR/SOPs for M&E related studies and provide the support for other program studies as per WHH’s guidelines and policies
- Manage evaluations and ensure the high quality of evaluation reports
- In coordination with Head of Program, ensure that the program teams integrates the outcomes of evaluations such as lessons learned and recommendations
- Oversee FCRM (Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanism) and review the process on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance on accountability, and support the Country Director to ensure processes are in place to maintain compliance with the Welthungerhilfe code of conduct
- Contribute to lessons learnt workshops for all projects in collaboration with Head of Programmes and project managers
- Ensure learning points are used to shape future programming and ensure project reviews consider lessons learnt
- With support from Area Managers/Heads of Projects, identify MEAL staff needs, and fellow Program staff needs in the area of MEAL and general program quality on CHS
- Plan and conduct partner training and capacity building activities
- Support proposal development with substantial input on logframes, targeting, M&E planning and M&E budgeting
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field or an equal qualification corresponding to the position
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in humanitarian assistance and/or development work
- Sound experience with MEAL processes and tools, data collection and analysis
- Experience in the development of learning-products and capacity strengthening
- Excellent leadership and communication skills in a culturally diverse setting
- Demonstrated success working in a challenging and fragile security environment
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- Readiness to follow and comply with fast changing security protocolls and readiness to travel to project locations (based on security situation)
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English; Arabic and/or German language skills are an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by September 3, 2023 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.