- October 25, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as MEAL Coordinator .The role holder will lead all MEAL activities in the project, working in collaboration with the Chief of Party, Project Advisors, USAID Advancing Nutrition home office M&E Lead and other project staff in the three project locations. This position will closely liaise with SCI MEAL department to ensure alignment to overall organisation approach for MEAL. The position will be responsible for collaborating with the Advancing Nutrition Home Office M&E Lead to design and then implement a quality, comprehensive and integrated MEAL system that meets SCI and USAID Advancing Nutrition standards and internal and external project reporting requirements. The role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field in Biostatics, Public Health, Demography, Population Studies or equivalent discipline
- At least 5 years of programming experience within the aid sector, preferably linked to Save the Children’s priority technical sectors (Child Poverty, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Health & Nutrition).
- Experience with MEAL for a system strengthening and nutrition project, preferred.
- Familiarity and understanding of USAID/USG MEAL systems
- Experience and knowledge of evidence generation and learning on what works (and does not work) for children, including designing/commissioning, implementing and applying: needs assessments, baseline studies, evaluations and research, learning workshops and learning agendas.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in relevant data collection and analysis software.
- Strong remote-working abilities and self-motivation.
- Willingness to travel to field sites.
- Proficient in speaking and writing English.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in the region
- Experience promoting quality and impact through at least one crosscutting area: gender equality and inclusion, adaptive and safer programming; child rights; disability; migration and displacement.
- Experience and knowledge of Save the Children’s structure, mandate and child focus.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uMDc3MzYuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t