- August 25, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
The primary responsibility of the MEAL Officer is to support the MEAL Manager to implement the MEAL plans and ensure implementation of robust systems and to provide real time analytics to guide the quality of the programme and implementation.
General Functions of the role
- Work with LINK teams and other professionals from a range of organizations to provide services that deliver the best possible outcomes for vulnerable/marginalized individuals and their families.
- Contribute to forums, coordination and working groups meetings, as agreed upon with the line manager.
- At all times, be up to date on his/her knowledge on MEAL system, procedures, relevant MEAL technologies and tools.
- Ensure adherence to internationally recognized MEAL principles and standards.
- Ensure adherence with GOAL’s code of conducts and other internal policies i.e. on confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion including the GOAL’s commitments to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Work with supervisors and peers in harmony to achieve LINK service plans, objectives and targets.
- Participate in one to one performance development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of own development needs.
- Ensure full compliance with the GOAL’s health and safety policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Working under direct supervision of MEAL Manager:
- Contribute to the development of the MEAL Framework for the country program.
- Contribute to the design and deployment of new tools as required (questionnaires, pre-posts, PDMs, KAPs, satisfaction surveys. etc…) which are needed to assess all programs aspects and measuring all planned indicators.
- Contribute to build the capacity of the MEAL department.
- Provide technical MEAL support/inductions to GOAL Program and implementing partners when relevant.
- Travel to all areas of work to monitor program activities via observation and stakeholder interviews.
- Maintain and compile a lesson learned database and share these lessons with the program team in timely manner.
- Be an advocate for learning in the programme ensuring that learning is captured and shared effectively, including case studies.
- Work with the MEAL Coordinator to ensure MEAL Management Information Systems (CommCare + Power BI) are used for all MEAL/Programme activities.
- Contribute towards all MEAL reports (internal and external reporting) including needs assessments, etc.
- Ensure compliance for all participants and beneficiaries of the Turkey Program in terms of data privacy, informed and signed consent and data protection.
- Ensure all relevant MEAL information collected according to specified mean of verifications in a timely manner.
- Oversee the roll-out of activities and training of GOAL Turkey Accountability Framework to Turkey Program and update the framework as delegated by the MEAL Coordinator.
- Contribute to the development/revising of SOPs for the Accountability Framework and respond to feedback obtained from beneficiaries per SOPs/Guidelines.
The post holder may be requested to undertake other activities and duties as mutually agreed with the MEAL Manager. This Job Description is intended as a guide to the position and is subject to change at GOAL’s discretion.
- Turkish citizenship.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ overseas practical working experience in MEL or Accountability activities within a humanitarian programme or similar environment.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated practical experience MEAL methodologies (particularly appropriate quantitative and qualitative/participatory research methods), data analysis and report writing.
- Good communication, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Advanced skills with MS Office (particularly Excel).
- Experience designing applications/forms with ODK-based digital data collection software especially CommCare (or other software e.g. SurveyCTO, Survey 123, ODK, iFormBuilder, Kobo, etc.)
- Experience in PowerBI.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good understand of monitoring and evaluation basics – including tracking progress against objectives, preparation of LogFrames, indicators etc, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Knowledge of Sphere and Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Proficiency in Arabic and Turkish an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate delays and bottlenecks, analyse risk and pre-emptively manage it.
- Commitment to capacity building.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team, and capable of working under pressure.
- Confident and skilled in presentation and facilitation, proven record in provision of trainings a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages, such as SPSS, Stata and/or R preferred.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 10 September 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.