- May 23, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Médecins du Monde Belgium (MdM BE) is an international medical development NGO and part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and in the rest of the world.
We aim for universal health coverage where every person has access to health care, without barriers (financial, cultural, geographical, etc.).
In Belgium and in the world, our projects are aimed at all people who do not have or no longer have access to health care. In particular, they are structured around five axes: people on the margins of society (homeless people, undocumented migrants, drug users, sex workers, etc.); children in vulnerable situations; women (accompanied in their fight for equality or against sexual violence, for example); migrants or displaced persons; and victims of crises or conflicts.
To carry out our mission, we rely on three pillars:
- Caring: providing real access to care for populations.
- Accompanying: more than helping, we want to change things in the long term.
- Witness: we do not remain silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence in the field, we challenge the authorities (local, regional and (inter)national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a set of values common to all our organization: Social Justice, Empowerment, Independence, Commitment, Balance.
MdM BE recently conducted a fact-finding mission in the neighbouring countries of Ukraine to assess the needs of people displaced by the conflict. MdM-BE is starting operations in Slovakia and Hungary to support refugees for a better access to healthcare with a focus on Mental Health and psychosocial support.
As a specialist you guarantee the quality of medical activities, and supervise the volunteer teams under your responsibility in order to treat, witness and contribute to the advocacy for universal health coverage
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator Slovakia, you ensure the medical activities of the projects in Slovakia.
GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As head of medical activities
Coordinate and organize all the medical activities of projects, in collaboration with the other medical focal points, through an efficient use of resources and in accordance with the mission and values of the organization in order to guarantee the quality and continuity of healthcare.
Examples of tasks :
- Provide the Health Department with care protocols and procedures for organizing medical activities through field expertise
- Implement new procedures and protocols defined by the Health Management
- Maintain operational contacts with partners in the medical, psychological and social fields
- Organize medical consultations, identify priorities for action in terms of content and objectives, ensure quality: manage inventory, referrals, protocols, as well as computerized patient records (CPR)
- Ensure the follow-up of patient files; Follow up on patient files; complex files, knowledge of patient population, decision making on requisitions, prescriptions…
- Act as medical focal point for the program/project and participate in health-related meetings
- Contribute actively to the MEAL process: monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure quality data collection and report any issues that could be of interest to the Advocacy
- Report all strategic issues to the Program Coordinator and standards in the Health Department
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator, contribute to advocacy for universal health coverage
- Ensure the technical supervision of MdM medical employees and partners.
As a Technical Supervisor
Supervise and support the volunteer medical teams by explaining the normative framework and by providing them with an adequate work environment In order to enable them to adhere to the values and mission of the organization, both internally and externally.
Examples of tasks :
- Identify and communicate the need for volunteers for the smooth running of your activities to project managers
- Communicate volunteer scheduling needs to project managers
- Carry out briefings, operational interviews, debriefings of the Volunteer team under your responsibility
- Host your team meetings, write the minutes
- Ensure the supervision of the trainees under your responsibility (briefings, training, operational interviews, debriefings…)
- Contribute to the development and harmonization of volunteer management practices
- Analyze and communicate the training needs of the Volunteer team, depending on the content, either to the Project Managers or to the Health Management
As a member of the program team
Analyze, communicate and make improvements to existing procedures, models, methods and tools to enable optimal business processes.
Examples of tasks:
- Participate in internal meetings (team meetings, spring universities, GA, health dpt…)
- Collaborate in the feeding and updating of dashboards, the realization of analyses (statistics), elaboration of guides and manuals specific to the Program
- Contribute to the organization of back-ups (absences, vacations)
- Write report of meetings related to its activities and ensure the regularity of reporting documents
- Participate in the evaluation and development of Annual Action Plans
- Act as a specific project manager as needed; schedule and perform tasks necessary to implement specific projects/activities as defined in action plans in order to achieve objectives within the given deadlines.
These responsibilities will be implemented in a specific and transversal manner on the basis of the annual individual action plan, established in collaboration between the manager and the incumbent of the position in question.
PREREQUISITES – International Profil
- Medical degree: nurse, midwife, physician.
- Training in public health is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position with an NGO
- Knowledge of and/or interest in marginalized populations due to their social status, homelessness, sexually transmitted diseases and substance abuse.
- Knowledge of the following themes: sexual and reproductive health, health promotion, primary health care, harm reduction, migration.
- Fluency in French.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Enjoy working in a team and with volunteers.
- Availability during the day, evenings and weekends (for on-call (phone) sessions and training or meetings).
- Autonomy. Organization and structure. Thoroughness. Ability to listen.
- IT skills: Mastery of the Office pack.
WHAT WE OFFER – International Profil
- International Contract;
- An enthralling job in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
- Job location : Bratislava
- A full-time contract.
- Duration : 3 months (extendable)
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Salary : a gross salary of 2.419,58 € for 2 years of experience ; a gross salary of 2.492,9 € for 5 years of experience ; perdiem 550 €. Relevant experience recognized.
- A package of advantages (insurance, accommodation allowance,…).
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) using the appropriate form. MdM BE thanks you for your interest in our organization and wishes you every success in your path.
MdM-BE reserves the right to finalize a recruitment before the closing date for receipt of applications. We respond to all candidates.
MdM-Be does not ask for any financial contribution as part of the recruitment procedure.
Médecins du Monde is committed to people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.
We inform you that the data concerning you are computerized; they will be treated confidentially.
In the context of this application, your data is kept for a period of 6 months.
Only persons authorized by our General Confidentiality Charter will be able to access your data for strictly internal purposes.