- June 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Fixed-term contract – 4 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in Iraq
Our mission in IRAK has been open since 1983. PUI develops its integrated approach with to bring help to vulnerable refugees, displaced persons as well as host communities (to avoid marginalization when the pressure on available resources becomes unbearable), in order to improve their living conditions and reinforce their resilience to enable them to regain dignity and autonomy.. Furthermore, PUI provides a humanitarian response to needs arising from movements of population through actions aimed at reinforcing the existing Health system, and providing Mental Health Psychosocial Support to the people in need, but also at providing access to Shelter, to drinking Water, Hygiene and Sanitation. Today, the mission is implementing 4 projects
What about the MHPSS Coordinator ?
As Mental Health & Psychosocial Coordinator (MHPSS Co), you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the mission’s operational MHPSS strategy as well as for the quality of current and future MHPSS programmes throughout the design, implementation monitoring and evaluation phases. You will build the capacity of the mission’s MHPSS department and provides technical support to the project teams and in particular to the MHPSS Project Managers in a functional relationship. You will represent PUI to the authorities, humanitarian actors and donors for the MHPSS sector.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Context analysis / Strategy / Development: You will participate in the development of the operational strategy in MHPSS and contribute to the design of new relevant MHPSS interventions on the mission based on the identified MHPSS needs in the country, and in line with PUI MHPSS intervention framework. In coordination with the MHPSS team, you will monitor MHPSS activities in the country and analyse their strengths and weaknesses.
- Programmes quality: You will provide technical support in your field of expertise to the programme teams, in particular to the MHPSS Programme Managers, and ensure the quality and effectiveness of the mission’s MHPSS programmes.
- Representation / Coordination: You will ensure PUI’s external representation for the MHPSS sector to partners, donors, national authorities and local actors. You will represent PUI in relevant Clusters (Health, Protection) or MHPSS sector coordination group meetings. You will contribute to the good information sharing within the MHPSS sector.
- Human Resources / Training: You will provide technical support to the project teams and in particular to the MHPSS teams. You will provide support to the project managers for the recruitment of technical staff in MHPSS. Working alongside the Head of Mission (HoM) and/or the Deputy HoM for Programs and the HQ MHPSS Advisor, you will identify key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and gaps within MHPSS department. You will supervise the content of MHPSS training and the quality of MHPSS activities (including clinical supervisions) on the basis of identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure the teams under your responsibility follow logistic and administrative procedures and keeps the logistic and administrative departments informed of any relevant developments.
- Security: You will contribute to the compliance with security rules on the mission and share all information related to security to your line manager and/or to the mission’s security manager.
The challenges that await you:
- It is a particular time in Iraq in terms of humanitarian assistances and funding situation. Humanitarian funding has significantly reduced and the focus is shifting from humanitarian to stabilization and development, however, the humanitarian needs and gaps are still significant. The Technical Coordinators, including the MHPSS Coo will have a critical role in leading assessments, identifying the needs and the gaps for advocating, developing programs and raising funds.
- With the shift of the context and funding from the humanitarian to stabilization and development, PUI Iraq mission will also need to adapt its strategy to the context. With primary focus of the organization being on the humanitarian needs and programs, humanitarian donors and funds, the shift would require strong and continuous long term efforts until reaching there. The transition period would be a challenging period.
- The country overall political and security situation as well as visa and access issues for different reasons remain a key challenge. These reasons may cause the MHPSS Coo work remotely either from outside the country or from Erbil Coordination Office without being able to travel to program sites in Federal Iraq. Access issues may also result delays in program implementation which need to be anticipated and planned accordingly.
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Clinical Psychology. A technical background in project management, and/or in Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy will be appreciated.
- Experience : Strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience implementing MHPSS programs, 2 years of clinical practice in mental health or psychosocial care, and a previous working experience abroad with NGO, you master management of MHPSS related projects. A clinical experience with migrants/displaced people, victims of confilcts, survivors of S/GBV and survivors of torture would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You have good written communication skills, you master the program management and have a knowledge of procedures of institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.).
- Qualities : You are able to work independently, to take responsibility, in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You have good analytical, organisational and management skills. You demonstrate diplomacy, open-mindedness and a good resilience to stress.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Première Urgence Internationale helps civilians who are marginalized or excluded as a result of natural disasters, war and economic collapse and our mission is to defend basic human rights. PUI is working in the very remote and hard to reach areas to provide humanitarian assistance to the most vulnerable and in need people. Iraq is one of those missions where PUI assisting population who have been affected by war for decades and are suffering from lack of access to basic services, including IDPs, refugees and host communities in very remote and rural areas. If you have ever thought about being part of a group of experts supporting such vulnerable and needy population in Iraq and around the world, this is the right opportunity for you to achieve your goal. Besides supporting the target population, this will also be a great opportunity for your personal and professional growth as PUI is providing the opportunity for staff capacity building and growth. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 – 3 130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.