- May 5, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
We are looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to serve with our team in Eastern Sudan. This role is a great opportunity for you to improve the quality of our program implementation in the region through developing and introducing efficient and effective Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) systems to improve accountability and internal information flow and providing on-the-site program support. Come join this robust team as they serve for an eternal impact in an area of great need.
A day in the life of a Monitoring & Evaluation Manager, Eastern Sudan:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Assist program staff in incorporating monitoring tools during the proposal writing stage
- Take a lead in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans for the Samaritan’s Purse Programs in Kassala
- Assist Program Managers to develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data for comparison against set program goals and objectives
- Take lead in formal research activities (i.e surveys, both qualitative and quantitative) and evaluations
- Identify appropriate and internationally standardized performance indicators (such as CSI, HDDS, HHS, etc) for integration into monitoring activities for the Program
- Develop and maintain effective information database on projects, providing resource and necessary support for program inputs and outputs
- Organize training to build capacity of staff on data collection, data management, and data analysis and report writing techniques to ensure compliance with donor standards.
- Develop program and operational monitoring templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information into programs.
- Lead analysis of collected data using accepted international tools
- Facilitate internal and external dissemination of M&E outputs
- Organize workshop on lessons learned, program performance and work plans in partnership with relevant stakeholders
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in development related subjects such as Economics and Statistics and 3 years in Monitoring and evaluation or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required)
Job Location: Kassala, Sudan
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic preferred
Accompaniment: Non-Accompanied (no spouse our family)
Travel Expectations: Regular travel to field site approximately 60-80 days/annually; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- Annual home leave
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.