- January 29, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About FilmAid Kenya
FilmAid Kenya is a development and humanitarian communications organization working in the Kenya Refugee Operation for over 20 years. FilmAid Kenya harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies and promote social change through dialogue to protect the well-being of displaced and vulnerable populations. FilmAid Kenya is working to build stronger, healthier, and more informed communities in health, education, protection, WASH and livelihoods.
Monitoring Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Officer – Dadaab
- Lead data collection, entry, cleaning, audits and filing for FilmAid Kenya projects and programmes
- Lead reporting at various levels; organizational, project, donor, activity
- Routinely update teams and management of progress, outcomes, results and impact in the course of implementation
- Create work plans to lead monitoring of activities with quality benchmarks and recommend course correction action plans
- Provide technical support to the Field Manager and Programme Managers with research reports, articles, statistics to support programme development in thematic areas of interest.
- Lead feedback session such as FGDs and surveys
- Design data collection tools and implement their use through KOBO Collect across all projects and programmes implemented by FilmAid Kenya from 3 main pillars, Skills Development, Community Outreach and Media Content Creation
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis as required using data analysis software and share findings in prescribed output/Outcome/Impact formats
- Manage research activities and ensure that outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders
- Manage a consolidated output tracker and support programmes with data compilation
- Participate in research including supporting external evaluators and commissioned research projects
- Track activities and update the tracking tool to reflect progress following discussions with respective partner staff and program teams.
- Maintain and update a complaints and response mechanism database for tracking feedback from communities and ensure that the feedback/complaints are responded to
- Build capacity of other program staff to undertake accountability including ensuring participation of communities and sharing information with communities as well as undertake accountability assessments
- Participating in the development and review of tools and guidelines for regular data collection, collation and reporting, for instance ensure that projects have clear MEAL plans, IPTT as well as tracking of total beneficiary reach. Conduct data quality assessment to ensure that data reported is validated, is accurate and consistent while providing feedback as necessary to program teams
- Participate in the design, development, and revision of program specific log frame matrices, particularly in areas of performance indicators and their measurement. Assist in the development of project M&E plans, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting and database management
- Comply with FilmAid Kenya policies and practice with respect to protection of Persons of Concern, Code of Conduct, and Standards of Operation, Core Humanitarian Standards, CwC, C4D, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities within the overall function of Research and Learning as and when requested.
Capacity Building on M&E
- Assess own capacity needs and that of Data Clerks with a view to recommend capacity development through on-job training, mentorship and formal training.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics preferred.
- At least 3-4 years practical work experience in monitoring, evaluation and research of donor projects
- Solid experience in data management and participatory research methods.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel.
- Working knowledge of electronic data collection and management platforms.
- Proven knowledge to undertake quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Proven experience on working with SPSS, STATA, Atlas.ti, QSR Nvivo, etc.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and able to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills for team working.
- Knowledge of mixed research methodologies.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Previous proven evidence of production of quality program and donor reports
- Knowledge and experience on how to synthesize large volumes of quantitative data into simple infographics for donor and external audience consumption.
- A good planner with conceptual skills to think and plan for outcomes/impact
- Knowledge and application of computer and mobile systems or applications for data collection, reporting and storage.
Competencies and Values:
- Supportive and versatile
- Ability to drive innovation and learning
- Results oriented and focused
- Respectful and a person with integrity
- Ability to use various statistical software and tools
- Good planning skills
- Very good reporting skills
- Diverse and has the ability to conceptualize various projects
How to apply
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with Cover Letter, CV, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th February 2024 and clearly indicate on the subject line ‘MERL Officer, Dadaab.’
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.