- February 22, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant
Location of work : Gatineau (Canada) or Brussels (Belgium)
Job status : Full time position
Expected start date : As soon as possible
Work schedule : 38 hours/week, Monday to Friday
Baastel offers flexible working hours and has a telecommuting policy.
WELCOME TO BAASTEL!
A team on the move towards an inclusive sustainable development world.
Le Groupe-conseil baastel (Baastel), a firm dedicated to Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Results-based Management (RBM) and Strategic Planning consulting, has a mission to provide the knowledge, tools and skills necessary for decision-makers, managers and local stakeholders to make enlightened decisions for the efficient and effective management of their development and research programs. By helping to strengthen the impact of policy, programming and development projects around the world, Baastel has acquired a reputation as a leader in the fields of M&E and RBM. Baastel focuses on three main branches of sustainable development:
· Social development – poverty reduction, gender equality, education, human rights, political participation, good governance, conflict resolution, and more;
· Economic development – inclusive finance, women’s economic empowerment, private sector development, sustainable livelihoods, and more;
· Environmental management – climate change, biodiversity, desertification, agriculture, disaster risk management, and more.
ROLE OF THE CONSULTANT
Assist teams of consultants in planning and implementing mandates such as monitoring, evaluation, and some research and strategic planning. Clients may include governments, bilateral and multilateral cooperation agencies, UN agencies, and NGOs. Consultant responsibilities may include activities such as methodological development, primary and secondary data collection and systematization, analysis, strategic planning for RBM-based projects, development of data collection and M&E tools, and assistance in capacity building in all these areas.
· Master’s or other graduate degree in international development (or related subject);
· 2 to 4 years of experience in M&E and/or RBM preferred, including development of RBM and M&E tools and frameworks; sound understanding of M&E processes and tools (e.g., logic models, indicators, performance measurement frameworks);
· Experience conducting project or program evaluations;
· Experience writing reports and other program or research documents;
· Experience in design and implementation of qualitative and/or quantitative data collection (e.g. interviews, focus group discussions, surveys);
· Experience in data visualization and analysis;
· Knowledge and experience related to various aspects of socioeconomic development and/or environment;
· Knowledge and experience of gender equality and inclusion in the development context.
Field experience and experience in developing data visualization or graphic presentation materials will be considered as assets.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (high-level English writing and reviewing skills essential);
· Good oral and written communication skills in French and/or Spanish and/or other languages;
· Excellent computer skills including MS Office and other basic software;
· Experience with online survey development and management preferred, including use of platforms such as Qualtrics or SurveyMonkey;
· Strong organization and time management skills including excellent ability to meet deadlines and to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
· Attention to detail, strong teamwork ethic, initiative and motivation;
· Legally authorized to work in Canada, or willing to relocate.
How to apply
BE PART OF THE TEAM!
To apply, please send your resume and a half-page cover letter detailing specifically how you meet ALL of the selection criteria to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please ensure that you indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.