- May 23, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
This is an exciting opportunity to join an impactful and exciting programme that is expanding its geography into the Eastern Europe (EE) region. The National Representative, Poland (NR-P) position is based in Poland, with occasional travel within Europe (Covid/ security permitting). The NR-P will be responsible for establishing, designing, and delivering the workplan of the Poland Hub, including setting the strategic direction (both short and longer term); mapping the safeguarding risks, needs and opportunities; safeguarding service delivery (e.g., developing materials and resources); relationship management with key stakeholders; coordination with other Hubs; and learning. The successful candidate will also lead on developing a national communications plan and safeguarding community of practice (depending on need). S/he will manage all activities targeting Polish stakeholders (e.g., civil society organisations, government entities, etc) via the RSH digital platform and face to face (covid permitting). S/he will report to the Regional Lead and work closely with colleagues from across the RSH EE team and Technical Advisor pool. Support will be provided from a regional M&E and communications advisors, as well as from short term consultants as needed.
- Have minimum 7 years of experience working in social work/ safeguarding/ child protection/ child safeguarding/ Gender Based Violence.
- Have proven management experience with the ability to work autonomously to a high level of delivery. Be familiar with standard work planning and M&E tools and approaches.
- Understand the importance of gender equality and social inclusion, and be able to demonstrate commitment to feminist values, including disability inclusion and working with minority groups.
- Be able to work under pressure and pick-up new tasks and processes quickly, as well as experience and confidence in problem solving and risk mitigation.
- Excellent communication, networking, and facilitation skills.
- Be able to collaborate respectfully with colleagues and stakeholders from a variety of experience levels, backgrounds, and cultures.
- ]Have experience of working with/ for civil society organisations.
- Have good networks in Poland with regards to civil society, government institutions, networks, and forums around issues of social protection, social welfare, women’s rights child rights.
- Able to write to a high standard in English and Polish.
- Be committed to the highest standards of conduct with regards to safeguarding, and to the RSH core values (see annex).
- Be willing to travel to different countries in Eastern Europe to support Hub colleagues.
- Familiarity with Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Familiarity with the aid and particularly the humanitarian sector and architecture. Awareness and understanding of minority rights and discrimination in Poland e.g., with respect to Roma community, persons with disabilities, gender, and sexual minorities.
- Be conversant with digital technology and access.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please email your tailored CV with a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications and interviewing on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience. The deadline for applying is 7th June 2022, but we will review applications on a rolling basis so apply early to not miss out. Please use this email subject line: ‘National Representative – Safeguarding– Country – Your Name’. Please confirm your eligibility to work in Poland.