- January 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Nutrition & Health Coordinator is responsible for designing, overseeing and coordinating the nutrition, health, mental health and care practices programs, as well as liaising with various external partners.
Objective 1: Strategy
- Support the Country Director and Coordination Team in country context analysis and strategy definition.
- Develop and update the nutrition and health department strategy and ensure the sustainability of the project outcomes
- Ensure the nutrition and health strategy complements/integrates other sectors as needed, including WASH and Food security and to support the development of advocacy and communication strategies that complete the nutrition and health strategy in close coordination with relevant departments.
- Promote ACF technical policies, position papers, modules, guidelines and protocols among the members of the department and other departments as needed.
- Collect and update information on nutrition indicators, actors and activities nationwide for analysis and identification of gaps and needs, potential areas of scale-up, partners/stakeholders and priority activities.
- Help identify potential funding and partnership opportunities to scale up nutrition and support the development of donor proposals, as needed.
Objective 2: Design and implementation of programs
- Ensure that the commitments to donors are respected in the implementation of the activities on the field.
- Ensure that programs are implemented with the utmost quality, well harmonized across different programs and bases, as needed and to ensure timely implementation of the planned activities, through following and supporting field activities through visits, phone and email.
- Capitalize the experiences and develop lessons learned by documenting good practices and success stories.
- Support the development of donor reporting and updates as needed.
- Give technical assistance and orientation to the rest of the nutrition and health staff from ACF and partners.
- Train, manage and conduct regular performance evaluation of the rest of the nutrition staff.
- When necessary, participate in the recruitment of nutrition and mental health staff, including review of job descriptions.
- Ensure cross-cutting issues (gender, MHPSS, social protection, accountability to affected populations, etc.) are well-integrated and mainstreamed in nutrition activities, in coordination and consultation with other technical departments as needed.
- Any other task(s) required to achieve the project objective or fall within the mandate of ACF.
Objective 3: Coordination and representation
- Participate in coordination meetings with external stakeholders in the Nutrition, Health, and Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support sectors/working groups/task forces. If needed, expand to other sectors after coordinating with ACF coordinators, including Food Security, WASH, etc.
- Represent ACF in internal and external coordination at the capital level for issues related to mental health and nutrition, including but not limited to the Nutrition Sector, Nutrition Assessment Task Force, national IYCF committee, etc.
- Manage and support the Deputy Nutrition Sector Coordinator co-coordinating the Nutrition Sector alongside UNICEF.
- Act as ACF’s focal point on nutrition and mental health related issues in Lebanon.
- Liaise with the nutrition technical staff at ACF HQ and other missions as needed.
Objective 4: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and capital base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan.
- Keep the confidentiality and security of all ACF records and information gathered in the course of employment with ACF.
Objective 5: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
Nurse / Nutritionist / Medical Doctor / Public Health specialist with experience in emergency and post-emergency situations.
Technical specific knowledge:
Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, Primary Health Care, Care Practices/
Previous experience (years):
4 years of previous related experience in nutrition and health, including MHPSS.
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
At least 4 years of experience in humanitarian sector. Acquainted with the Middle East context.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Fluent in Arabic both written and verbal
Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Mobility (national/ international)
Based in Beirut with frequent travels to the bases and potentially international as required
Commitment to Gender Equality
Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA).
How to apply
Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.