- August 7, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Under the guidance of the WASH Supervisor, the Hygiene Promotion Assistant is responsible for planning and mobilizing the communities for WASH activities, trainings Water Management Committees and communities on hygiene awareness campaigns and data collection that support the INTERSOS WASH team in developing new concept notes.
- Ensures community participation in all WASH activities; Mobilize, train and follow-up on communities/WASH committees formed and/or trained by INTERSOS in all activities concerning WASH, ensuring good community participation, gender balance and ownership by the community.
- Plans for, organizes and conducts trainings for communities and committees through the development of Water Management Committees, School hygiene clubs and implementation of Community based hygiene awareness activities.
- Ensures constant communication with INTERSOS WASH staff to identify potential problems, formulate recommendations and solutions.
- Conducts regular monitoring visits to the field to follow-up on INTERSOS activities and ensure community participation in the activities.
- Ensures that consideration is given with focus on gender, protection and HIV/AIDS in water and sanitation activities.
- Gathers health and hygiene related information and report to Hygiene Promotion Officer.
- Liaises with community leaders and other groups within their communities.
- Conducts relevant needs assessment whenever requested.
- Provides detailed, accurate and timely weekly reports to supervisor on activities, challenges and areas in need of improvement.
- A minimum of Diploma in Environmental Health Studies, Social Sciences or other relevant fields
- Relevant experience and training in Hygiene Promotion
- A minimum of three years’ experience in WASH, preferably with a humanitarian organization.
- Strong humanitarian commitment.
- Quality: dynamic, autonomous, Proactive, flexible, take initiative.
- Availability to work in targeted LGAs, Borno State.
- Language: Fluency in English, Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa will be considered a plus.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach their CV with Cover Letter following this format “Surname_ Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Application Deadline: apply no later than Friday 11th August 2023 at 1:00 PM.
INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply”.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/