- August 25, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Title: Operation Officer / Syria Mission
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
AL-AMEEN for Humanitarian Support is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
AL-AMEEN is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
AL-AMEEN also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
Job Description :
AL-AMEENis seeking an Operation Officer who would monitor and coordinate the operation functions to support all activities for the AL-AMEEN project.
- Coordinate and oversee day-to-day operational activities to ensure their smooth execution in alignment with the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Evaluate and enhance operational processes to achieve optimal efficiency, working closely with various departments to implement improvements.
- Generate operational reports and conduct data analysis to derive insights, identify trends, and propose actionable recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Recording daily restrictions.
- Follow-up documentation of the financial operations in total, according to the forms approved by the Assembly.
- Follow up the balances of suppliers and match them periodically.
- Conducting a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, if any.
- Commitment to upload all documents and documentation to OneDrive.
- Submitting periodic reports and financial statements to the technical officer.
- Completing the accounting work within the project and the office.
- •Submitting a daily report of what has been accomplished to Operation Manager. Any other tasks required by the working interest and assigned by the administration in the same field of work.
Projects Accounting :
- Assists the Program Managers in the development and administration of their budgets and provides the Program Managers with regular monthly reports.
- Monitors program expenditures against budget, contracts and contribution agreements and alerts Program Managers, Programs Director, and Finance Director of potential variances
- Prepares monthly/quarterly expense claims to funders by required deadlines.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, accounting, or finance.
- Demonstrated experience in operational management or a similar capacity within organizations.
- Strong analytical abilities, enabling data-driven decision-making and process optimization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to foster collaboration across departments.
- Meticulous attention to detail combined with effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to excel under pressure while meeting critical deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of inspiring and guiding teams.
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
AL-AMEEN and AL-AMEEN Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the AL-AMEEN Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, AL-AMEEN enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics :
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout AL-AMEEN. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of AL-AMEEN and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse :
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within AL-AMEEN and amongst beneficiaries served by AL-AMEEN
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organization, AL-AMEEN requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to apply
To apply to this position, kindly fill in this link.
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.