- April 6, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The USAID-funded Workplace Advancement for Gender Equality (WAGE) project in USA, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) under the Engendering Industries program, is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Operations Director. This position will be located in either the main office in Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA, but US-based remote work arrangements will be considered for the right candidate.
The Operations Director will work under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP), and in coordination and collaboration with project technical and operations staff, the Operations Director will have the primary responsibility to ensure the timely provision and delivery of all required project operational, financial, administrative, compliance, grants, procurement, and subcontracts support to the execution of WAGE in accordance with USAID and Tetra Tech policy and regulations. This is a full-time position through July of 2024.
* Assist the Chief of Party (COP) in the general management of the project.
* Coordinate with Home Office (HO) Project Management Team (PMT) to ensure compliance of WAGE operations with USAID and Tetra Tech administrative policies and guidelines, including evolving restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
as well as the technical team with the organization and coordination of all activities overseas.
* Manage recruitment, hiring, and contracting of consultants and project staff, including contacting candidates, scheduling interviews, collecting relevant documentation, conducting reference checks, and documenting decisions leading to selection.
* Manage and maintain Tetra Tech inventory control system and carry out annual property physical inventory verification on the contract anniversary date.
* Supervise the work of a full-time Grants Specialist and Program Operations Specialist.
* Direct logistical support for project events such as courses, training workshops, onboarding trips, conferences, and meetings.
* Supervise/coordinate project event logistics including scheduling, agenda preparation, sending appointments, procurements (i.e. hotel, refreshments, training materials etc., and following up on action items after meetings.
* Organize WAGE team travel calendar and schedule of meetings and events and interact with HO PMT for coordination purposes.
* Lead preparation of detailed project activity budgets and tracking of both activity budgets and overall project expenditures, including the development of monthly, quarterly, and yearly projections as requested by the HO PMT team.
* Ensure WAGE’s annual work plan Gantt Chart/implementation calendar of activities in Asana is reflected in workbook projections, and that it includes relevant due dates for financial management and other milestones (i.e. project deliverables tied to fee schedule).
* Manage projections for project spending and deliverables, including ensuring that the WAGE Fee Schedule is implemented in a timely way, that fee amounts are invoiced following approval of associated deliverables, and that such invoicing is tracked accurately.
* Oversee annual Value Added Tax (VAT) reporting and keep track of VAT paid to host country governments through local purchases, while carefully following USAID’s guidelines and preparing required reports for USAID, as necessary.
* Support HO Contracts, Grants, and Procurement (CGP) Manager with subcontractor management for WAGE’s subcontracting partners and other vendors, including reviewing invoices, monitoring budget performance, and other support as needed to help the technical team ensure high-quality delivery compliant with Tetra Tech and USAID regulations and systems.
* Ensure compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech procurement regulations and processes, consulting with the HO PMT to maintain compliance with Tetra Tech’s Procurement Handbook procedures.
* Draft request for proposal (RFP) or request for quotation (RFQ) documents as needed.
* In close collaboration with COP and HO PMT, compile any needed supporting documentation, draft subcontracts and negotiation memorandums and coordinate with CGP for review and approval.
*Participate in assessing grant applications, supporting collection of documentation, monitoring grant activities, etc.
* Manage operational support to the HO CGP Managers, as needed.
* Minimum BA in relevant field, advanced degree preferred.
* Minimum eight (8) years providing operational and financial support to complex international development programs.
* Prior experience with and knowledge of USAID and USG regulations, administration, management, reporting procedures and systems.
* Previous experience managing projects of a similar magnitude and complexity.
* Previous experience directly supervising staff and interacting with various stakeholders.
* At least three years of international field experience strongly preferred.
* Command of MS Office Suite.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
* Proficiency in another language, especially French or Spanish, is preferred but not required.
* Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, cultural sensitivity, and analytical skills, and ability to work well on a team.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, diplomacy, and willingness to listen and demonstrate respect to others. Able to work effectively with diverse actors.
* Strong communicator – both verbally and in writing, including oral and written communications skills in English.
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, complex environment.
* Ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/3LOpiwx
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.