- March 28, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
- Work to address the climate crisis with an expanding international foundation
- Apply your public relations, CSR, donor, or development sector expertise
- Singapore-based; scope for career growth and learningThe Organisation**
With a vision of a just and thriving Asia powered by renewable energy, Tara Climate is a new and rapidly expanding philanthropic initiative focusing on South, Southeast, and East Asia (excluding China and India). Tara Climate supports think tanks, civil society, research organisations, and other non-state actors to accelerate Asia’s energy transformation.
Tara Climate was previously hosted by the European Climate Foundation and plays three main roles in the region: providing grants to a diverse group of partners in the region, constantly developing and assessing strategy, and convening of partners within and across borders. The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 to help Europe foster the development of a low-carbon society and play an even stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change.
Benefits and Culture
- Work with a highly dynamic, passionate, international team with a results-oriented approach to work.
- A flexible work environment and a space to learn the sector, develop and challenge yourself.
- A Singapore residence permit is required and an Asian language would be an asset.
- Committed to regional leadership, Tara gives preference to candidates from the region.
- Occasional travel in the region once borders re-open.
Reporting to the regional managing director and collaborating with an international team, this role will forge and steward strong partnerships with prospective and current significant donors and funders. As part of the emerging stewardship programme you will develop and execute the reporting, donor renewal, and communication cycles. Other responsibilities will be to;
- Project manage funder relations and coordinate key meetings, with team support.
- Write and submit ongoing funding proposals and reports including the annual report.
- Collaborate with the monitoring and evaluation team to share learnings with funders.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and other promotional materials.
You have developed your career in public relations, CSR, fundraising, sponsorship, or development, and you have strong presentation skills, including high-level written and verbal English. Ideally, but not essential, you also have exposure to philanthropic foundations or international NGOs. In addition, you offer:
- A background in working with discretion and confidentiality.
- Skills in consolidating information into compelling presentations.
- Project management and coordination skills, including internationally.
- Excellence in the creation of visually compelling PowerPoint presentations.
- Success working with multiple stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Professional presentation skills aimed at executives and opinion leaders.
- Solutions-focus, able to work efficiently and independently and navigate complexity.
How to apply
If you are deeply committed to addressing the climate crisis, and you meet the criteria above, please send your resume and cover letter, addressing the key skills and experience required, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting #868660, or call Lois Freeke in Melbourne on +61 (0)3 8080 8976
**Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. **