- December 13, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Policy Advisor for Ending Violence Against Children, you will support policy and advocacy work on ending violence against children. Through policy development and external engagement support, you will contribute to the success of the global campaign ‘It takes a world.’
The position will involve extensive policy analysis of available data and further research as required to identify key areas related to ending violence against children and associated child protection policy where World Vision can assume stronger leadership and strengthen its influence. The position will also provide other policy support to the Senior Director towards the fulfillment of the Advocacy & Employee Engagement (A&EE) Strategy Realization Plan.
- Masters Degree in international relations, international development, law, human rights law or social work.
- At least 6 years’ experience in policy development on child rights either within government, regional or multilateral institutions or in peer NGOs.
- Track record in developing policy briefings and reports.
- Ability to write to a publishable standard.
- Strong analytical and research skills and proven ability to convert complex information into succinct, targeted briefings and other applied documents.
- Excellent English oral and written skills. A second language (esp. Spanish or French) is a strong asset.
- Home office. When post-pandemic travel normalized, 2-3 week long trips annually.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 JAN 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Position location (home based) to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.