- February 12, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Join our pool and get involved in our causes!
MdM is constantly looking for new talents: that’s why we are always listening to your needs and paying attention to your career development. Thus, to respond as quickly as possible to the needs of our teams at headquarters and in the field, we have built a pool of candidates that we regularly fill. This is where you come in!
How does it work?
Apply to this job offer by submitting your CV and cover letter. If your profile matches our needs, we will invite you to an initial HR interview.
If your application is approved once the recruitment process is complete, we will add you to our pool for the job of medical coordinator.
When a new role is available, we will contact you directly to offer you the position. There are two possible scenarios:
- The position needs to be filled urgently (crisis, natural disaster, etc.): if you are available, you can get started as soon as possible.
- Filling the vacancy is not urgent: you go through an accelerated recruitment process.
Are you up for it? We’re waiting for your application!
More about MdM
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in collaboration with the health advisor based at HQ, you are in charge of designing, planning, implementing, adapting and monitoring health activities. You directly manage the medical team.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Participate in the definition of the country strategy led by the general coordinator and manage the medical and technical aspects of the development of this strategy
- Design, plan, implement, adapt and monitor the program’s health activities
- Ensure the quality and relevance of health activities, supervise the collection and analysis of medical data
- Recruit, manage, train, and motivate the medical team
- Ensure the management of pharmaceutical products
- Carry out health needs assessments and evaluations of medical partners
- Cooperate with the administration team regarding budgeting and supervise the medical purchase process
- Represent MdM with authorities, partners and other NGOs on health issues
- Participate in the writing of proposals and reports
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Gross monthly salary: 3,362 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
Guesthouse housing or individual accommodation depending on the context
- 22.5 recovery days per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Medical, paramedical, or public health degree
- At least 3 years of experience within a medical NGO in a similar position
- Experience with emergency contexts and responses is a plus
- Significant experience in team management and capacity building
- Proficient IT skills in Microsoft Office systems
- Languages: fluency in spoken and written French and English is required. Knowledge of Spanish or Arabic is preferable
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter following this link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JvRvOZUj?idpartenaire=128