- May 10, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The USAID-funded Clean Cities Blue Ocean project in the USA, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Private Sector Engagement Advisor. This position will be located in Male, Maldives.
On 28 August 2019, Tetra Tech was awarded the Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO) program, a five-year, $48 million contract from the U.S. Agency for International Development’s Bureau of Economic Growth, Education, and Environment. CCBO is the Agency’s flagship program to respond to the global crisis of ocean plastic pollution, designed to target land-based leakage directly at its source in cities and towns in rapidly urbanizing areas across Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. The objectives of CCBO are to promote reduce, reuse, recycle (3Rs) practices and strengthen local and regional markets for recycled plastics; build social and behavior change (SBC) for 3Rs and sustainable solid waste management (SWM); increase capacity and effective governance for SWM and recycling systems; and support international fora, public-private partnerships (PPPs), and multi-stakeholder alliances.
As part of its global grant program, CCBO will purchase services that help advance CCBO’s primary objectives and achievement of indicators. CCBO seeks a consultant to engage with private sector entities to amplify CCBO’s objectives.
The objective of the assignment is; based on the private sector landscape analysis, develop a regional (Engagement sites) private sector engagement strategy, approach the private sector or any other organization with similar interest, identify opportunities for collaboration to meet CCBO objectives, and develop partnership projects on 3R/SWM.
* Develop a 3-year private sector engagement strategy.
* Map the key stakeholders in the engagement sites (Male City) who are critical to the realization of 3R/SWM.
* Develop strategies for outreach to private corporations and other potential partners who share the same interest/ in the plastic supply chain in CCBO engagement sites. This strategy should align with CCBO’s overall goal and objectives and should include feasible deliverables with a time plan and necessary resources.
* Present the draft strategy to CCBO and finalize it collaboratively.
* Collaboration with private sector entities (and other stakeholders as appropriate) and develop appropriate partnerships.
* Update the database of potential stakeholders from the private sector, NGOs, and other sectors and prioritize these entities based on strategic alignment to develop communities and reduce ocean plastic pollution.
* Map private sector involvement required to continue the initiatives of grants to enhance 3R/SWM, gender, or social behavior change initiatives
* In consultation with CCBO, prioritize and implement actions to develop strong collaborations and partnerships. These may include outreach to partners, convene meetings, and correspondence with private sector entities with various priorities.
* Draft necessary documentation to formalize partnerships using CCBO or other approved templates – this could include basic due diligence, Letters of Cooperation, and MOUs.
* Support initiating the collaboration and follow-up
* Provide bi-weekly progress updates to CCBO
* Advanced degree in management, economics, business, international relations, social science, political science, planning, or a related field is preferred.
* At least three years of working experience in the private or nonprofit with private sector engagement, National resource development, facilitating partner negotiations and formalizing partnership deal structures.
* Experience in waste or environmental projects together with experience in donor-funded projects are added advantage
* Reputed work history engaging with the private sector with contact and networks.
* Experience in conducting research and developing strategies
* Sufficient experience and reputed work history engaging with the private sector.
* Industry knowledge with up-to-date private sector news, organizational changes, and economic context that may be useful for decision-making or strategizing CCBO work.
* Substantive networking, collaboration, and partnership development experience.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/PrivateSectorAdvisorMaldives
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.