- August 22, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services. He/she will conduct and carry out all procurement-related processes, including preparations of procurement documents, advertising, evaluation of the bids, communication with the vendors, finalization of the procurement process, and reporting.
- Responsible for coordinating and completion of all procurement activities conducted in the field offices in NWS.
- For procurement under his/her direct responsibility, check that 100% of documentation received from Area-level is correctly signed, dated, and filed on IYD’s database according to agreed norms.
- Ensure all procurement is carried out in accordance with the IYD procurement standard operating procedures, donors’ requirements, and procurement-related files for documentation are maintained for reference.
- Sit in the procurement committee that analyses procurement requirements and selects the most appropriate methods based on the interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices, and experience.
- Prepare tech evaluation form and procurement committee minutes of the meeting.
- Ensure that all procurement documentation is filed per the IYD standardized filing system.
- Ensure the contract database is kept up to date and available to relevant staff.
- Organize regular local market surveys and ensure the Vendor Roster and other supplier information are kept up-to-date and referenced during the procurement process.
- Representing procurement department and will be responsible for all PRs.
- Pro-active follow-up on Procurement Plans to ensure that 100% of procurement conforms to IYD’s Procurement Manual or follows a procedure defined in a fully approved Waiver.
- Review PR Forms for procurement, requesting clarifications from the Program if the specifications are not clear, complete, or correctly authorized, and check all supporting documents (e.g. Scope of Works, Technical Criteria, or Terms of Reference) has been provided.
- Ensure fair and transparent treatment and selection of suppliers in each procurement. Communicate directly with suppliers in person, by telephone, or in writing.
- Actively follow up on ongoing Tenders, and ensure that all stakeholders are informed of any tender deadlines, extensions, or opening sessions.
- Match invoices, stock reception forms, and service completion certificates to contracts filing copy documentation and transferring to Finance for payment.
- For procurement under his/her direct responsibility, ensure soft copies of 100% of all documents produced in the Capital Office are electronically filed in the correct location on IYD’s database.
- Prepare a Monthly Procurement Report.
- Experience working with USG donors, particularly USAID, and familiarity with its rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all comments on delays in procurement, special procurement requirements, or other relevant information are updated on the PRs tracking sheet on a daily basis.
- Carry out any other related duties as might be reasonably requested by the Supervisor.
Note: The above-mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Other future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department’s organizational chart.
Qualification (Education – Work Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, law, or any other relevant field. – Advanced level in English and Arabic.
- Master’s degree in business development, marketing, or any related field. – 2-3-year experience in of progressive experience in grants management, partnership and proposal development in international relief or development programs. – Native-like level of both English and Arabic, and a good level of Turkish.
Core & Managerial Competencies:
- Planning and organizing.
- Stakeholder Orientation.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning.
- Technological Awareness.
Supervisor – Managerial Competencies:
- Building Trust.
- Managing Performance.
- Empowering Others.
- Good knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Excellent writing skills in English at a native-speaker level and demonstrated ability to write and edit reports and proposals under tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of the rules and regulations of major institutional donors such as ECHO, European Commission, US Government donors, and UK donors.
How to apply
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration.
We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.
Compliance to Anti-Harassment, PSEA, and Child Safeguarding:
- Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to IYD, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. IYD is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- IYD employees and related personnel must not under any circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside IYD.
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date