- August 11, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
EnCompass LLC is seeking a Procurement Specialist for a five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support activity based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
On March 2, 2020, EnCompass LLC was awarded the Ukraine Monitoring and Learning Support Contract (UMLS) to support the USAID mission in Ukraine to holistically provide technical assistance support and other services in monitoring and evaluation. EnCompass, our subcontractor NORC at the University of Chicago, and other local partners will aim to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes for USAID/Ukraine, including USAID Belarus.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services for office operations for UMLS Project, including the organization and provision of logistics for project-related activities. The position is required to ensure compliance with EnCompass and Ukrainian policies in conjunction with US Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR) and other applicable rules and regulations.
The Procurement Specialist will report to the UMLS Operations Manager. For the foreseeable future, EnCompass is using a hybrid work model where in-person attendance at the office is required at least several days a week. The position will be full-time and be based in Ukraine. Must be legally authorized to work in Ukraine without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will provide technical and logistical support and assistance through the implementation of the following tasks:
- Work closely with the Operations Manager, the Home Office Contracts team, and the Project Operations and Management function (POM) to implement all procurements, and ensure procurement processes are being followed and are compliant with donor expectations, rules and regulations, and EnCompass internal policies (EnCompass Procurement Policy);
- Maintain the knowledge management system to monitor and follow all procurement-related activities that take place locally; label and maintain complete electronic and hard copies of files, scan and upload procurement files on SharePoint, ensure that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for procurement of supplies, services, and equipment;
- Respond in a timely manner to procurement requests on equipment, supplies and services for office operations and for technical activities;
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers of goods and services needed to carry out project activities, prepare and administer tenders; communicate with local and regional vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities and services;
- Prepare procurement documents for operational and technical procurements, including bid evaluation reports, selection and justification memos, notifications to the selected or rejected vendors, purchase orders, contracts etc.;
- Check references and visual compliances for Procurement/Vendors;
- Track and monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to the contractual terms and conditions, monitor vendor’s performances and track deadline of provision of goods and services;
- Assist with the project’s commodity management tracking system and provide accurate information to the project accountant for the statutory reporting;
- Work directly with Home Office IT on all IT-related procurements;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the planning and management of logistics for project-related activities, including workshops, training and meetings, accommodation and travel arrangements, particularly, but not limited to, contacting participants, negotiating and securing event space as well as overseeing the process of payment of per diems and transport.
- Other administrative tasks as required for project support
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration or similar field; Master’s degree an asset.
Experience and Skills
- At least 2- 5 years of overall relevant experience on donor-funded projects in a related role in: procurement, and contract compliance
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of USAID procurement regulations, particularly FAR and AIDAR is highly preferred
- Professional familiarity with procurement in international donor organizations is required
- Knowledge of applicable Ukrainian laws and policies on procurement procedures required
- High-level of working proficiency in both English and Ukrainian is required
- Candidates must be located in Ukraine, and must be able to work in Ukraine, and potentially must be in Kyiv
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.