- May 12, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Bibliothèques Sans Frontières / Libraries Without Borders (BSF) is an international NGO founded in 2007 which works to strengthen the autonomy and resilience of vulnerable populations by providing access to information and education and promoting cultural diversity. In the Middle East, in Central and Eastern Africa, in Europe, in Bangladesh and in Colombia, BSF works to put in place safe spaces and services for education, professional training, psychological support and social cohesion for vulnerable populations. To provide these services, BSF created the Ideas Box with support from the Alexander Soros Foundation. Ideas Boxes are multimedia centers in a kit, fully equipped with materials that can be installed in less than 20 minutes. They provide access to a library, a cinema, thousands of educational and informational resources, and an internet connection. The resources are carefully chosen to match the needs, language, and culture of the local users. The technological equipment and teaching methods offered by the Ideas Box transform places like schools, libraries, and community centers into comprehensive resource – and learning-centers.
For more information, visit www.bibliosansfrontieres.org (French), or www.librarieswithoutborders.org (English)
Bangladesh has been one of the theaters of the Rohingya crisis for over 30 years and particularly since April 2017; today, Cox’s Bazar district (located at the southeast of the country) hosts nearly 1 million refugees today at the Bangladesh and Myanmar border. After conducting a needs analysis, BSF launched new activities, in November 2018, in the Rohingya camps and the surrounding host communities, with the following objectives:
- To empower youth and women through an access to informal education
- To provide a quality access to information and cultural resources
- To foster social cohesion and strengthen communities’ resilience through the promotion of community interaction and participation
The project includes 7 Ideas Box dedicated to providing services for access to information, expression, communication, Non-Formal Education and recreation, and Ideas Cube kits for outreach activities. The project entails the customization of physical and digital contents according to local needs, languages and education levels, as well as the capacity building of local teams in using these tools to their full potential.
BSF aims at scaling up the project in the region, expanding reach, collaborations, and impact.
In this perspective, BSF is looking to hire a Program Coordinator.
Coordinate and develop activities and BSF’s programs in Bangladesh.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission (HOM), the Program Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of BSF programs in Bangladesh. He/she works in close cooperation with the International Program Coordinator at BSF headquarters.
He/she supervises and supports the operational team on the field – currently one Project Manager and one technical advisor (expatriate).
The Program Coordinator is responsible for:
Coordinate program activities
Ensure the proper delivery of programmatic activities of BSF in Bangladesh, including (but not limited to):
- Ensure the project calendar is realistically defined and respected, that relevant activities are led, respecting the quality standards of Bibliothèques Sans Frontières and its partners and donors.
- Contribute to the hiring of, and provide direct supervision of both, operational teams in the field and support team in the mission.
- Coordinate activities with the program teams and other departments from Bibliothèques Sans Frontières, as well as with BSF’s partners.
- Ensure continuous training and capacity building for employees under his/her supervision
- Propose adjustments to ensure the relevance of the projects whenever necessary
- Follow up on the budgets and ensure the respect of the budget assigned to the project under her/his supervision
- Work with the Administration/Logistics/Finances Coordinator to monitor the project budgets
- Assist the Head of Mission in strategic planning, and in implementing and updating a daily security plan
- Ensure the performance and proper functioning of the office when the HOM is absent
- Coordinate the elaboration of narrative reports
- Ensure coherence of the monitoring and evaluation implementation
Participate in the development of partnerships
Contribute to the identification and formalization of new collaborations, new projects and new fundraising opportunities for BSF in Bangladesh including (but not limited to):
- Monitor funding opportunities
- Help identify relevant new collaborations for BSF in Bangladesh
- Participate in and animate project framing meetings with partners and donors
- Upon request of the Head of Mission, represent BSF in the clusters in which the organization participates
- Draft all supporting documents (concept notes, proposals, budgets) for new potential partnerships
- Ensure the financial viability of the projects developed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position with management responsibilities
- Knowledge of principal donors and humanitarian ecosystem
- Good experience managing a humanitarian project and its development (project cycle, reporting, etc…)
- Good experience in team management
- Experience in organization administration
- Mastery of Microsoft Office pack
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
- Good stress management
- Thorough, organized, and reliable
- Sense of responsibility
- Able to work autonomously and take initiatives
- Dynamic, capable of making good suggestions
- Capable of adapting, managing priorities, and acting pragmatically
- Interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit
- Integrity, honesty
- Interest for digital education and new technologies is appreciated
CONDITIONS OF HIRING
· Status: Expatriate Position, 12-month fixed French contract, renewable (CDD d’usage)
· Beginning: ASAP**
· Location: based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
· Salary and benefits: salary based on experience and BSF salary scale, expatriate package (insurance, repatriation, accommodation in guesthouse in Cox’s Bazar, per diem…)
· Not included: Non accompanied contract
Documents to Send:
CV and cover letter
Provide three references with contact information
How to apply
Please fill out the following form (including the sending of CV and cover letter in English) : https://www.bibliosansfrontieres.org/nous-aider/travailler-chez-bsf/