- March 11, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Program Manager at MAP will be responsible for overseeing a variety of programs that bring medicines to our partners and beneficiaries both domestically and internationally. The Program Manager will be responsible for implementing current program guidelines with our implementing partners, seeking funding for those programs through grants, providing robust reporting to be used in monitoring & evaluation activities and in donor communication. The Program Manager will also be engaged in prospecting and building new programmatic areas that aid in our mission of bringing medicine to the world. The right person for this role will understand the need for a strong program structure, but also be creative enough to see new opportunities within the scope of MAP’s work. As this position works with a variety of skill sets inside and outside the organization, the ideal candidate for this role will be able to work with people of all disciplines and have the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
· Lead program oversight and implementation for MAP’s strategic Bringing Children Health (BCH https://www.map.org/bch) and Domestic Medicine Program (DMP-https://www.map.org/domestic) (annual workplan development, budgeting, fundraising, implementation oversight, financial and programmatic management and reporting).
· Lead program growth for BCH and DMP to support MAP’s strategic goal of doubling people served by 2025.
· Provide program management and oversight to MAP’s global health partners in Liberia and Bolivia for MAP funded programs.
· Provide capacity building and trainings in key identified areas.
PROGRAM AND RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
· Lead innovative and strategic program development to grow MAP’s core operations (medicine and supply shipments globally).
· Lead strategic launch of MAP’s Malnutrition project.
· Support MAP’s Global Giving Team in sourcing and soliciting funding from varied sources for MAP’s programs (including designated and general/administrative funds).
· Write 1-2 page proposals using non-technical language to directly raise funds for all MAP programs.
· Lead technical programmatic concept note and proposal development (technical content lead)
· Completion of technical and non-technical donor reports and feedback for MAP programs.
· Present MAP programs to a variety of stakeholders.
MONITORING, EVALUATION, METRICS AND STORYTELLING
· Support development and operationalization of MAP’s growing M&E and control capacities.
· Create program content for external MAP sources including donors, website, newsletters, fundraising campaigns, etc.
· Translate MAP’s external and internal data points into relevant and compelling stakeholder content
· Coordinate, update, and maintain technical project data for monitoring and evaluation purposes
· Complete required donor/grant reports.
· Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of Global Programs.
This position reports to the Pharmacist & Sr. Director of Programs, Operations with a dotted line to the Senior Vice President, Global Giving and Innovation. This position will work across MAP departments, including finance, to achieve goals and objectives. This position is expected to externally represent MAP’s global health expertise and capacity.
This position requires a Master of Public Health degree (or equivalent) with extensive field experience and experience in developing, managing and resourcing grant-funded programs. Experience in strategic program development is required. Program management credentials, both in practice and certification are expected. Experience in fundraising/program business development is required. All candidates should be eligible to work in the United States and currently reside in the US.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· MPH with 6+ years of experience (or equivalent)
· 3+ years of project/program management experience (PMP certification is a plus)
· Demonstrated programmatic fundraising/business development
· Global health experience
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially in excel
· Ability to interpret and present complex data
· Experience presenting program results and data to multiple stakeholder groups
· Experience in creating content for all levels of donors for grant applications and fundraising activities
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate across team lines to achieve programmatic success
· Experience in working in new and existing programs
· Knowledge of logistics, shipping, and managing inventory a plus
· Experience in working with external partners, ideally NGOs both domestic and international
· Ability to write funding proposals that receive positive financial outcomes
· Strong ability to communicate both in writing and verbally
· Ability to synthesize data in order to inform business decisions
· Independent worker who can multi-task and handle work related stress
· Strong relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
· Understanding of how to drive success through metrics
· Candidates should have demonstrated experience in presenting and/or public speaking
· All candidates should be able to comply with MAP’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to travel, specifically involving long-haul International flights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus during significant computer related work. Employee must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
How to apply
Please Click here to see the job posting and to apply: