- May 9, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Organization : Aflatoun International
Location : Netherlands
Job type : Full time
Salary: Between € 3045 and € 3375 per month
Comment : Inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social, financial & entrepreneurship education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and circumstances, and are implemented by over 300 partner organizations in 101 countries. Aflatoun programmes inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities through active learning and problem solving. They learn how to save, how to budget, and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities. Aflatoun has been recognized globally (Brookings, Harvard, HundrEd, Million Lives Club) for its high-impact, low-cost model, which has shown to be effective in changing behaviors of participants across the globe.
By using a social franchise model, Aflatoun transfers curricular content, monitoring and evaluation tools, and training capacity to partner organisations, helping them enhance their existing expertise and create an efficient learning ecosystem. Aflatoun’s programmes follow an active-learning, child- centered methodology, which combines social and financial education (SFE) through engaging participants, educators, government institutions and civil society organisations.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic program finance officer to join us in our mission.
As a Program Finance Officer, you will oversee the financial aspects of Aflatoun’s projects. Your duties will be varied, encompassing various financial tasks and activities.
Bookkeeping and accounting-related matters will be one of your primary responsibilities, accounting for approximately 30% of your time. This will entail reviewing and maintaining financial transactions entered by the assistant account into the system. You will ensure that the program or project’s financial records are accurate and up to date.
Budget reporting will be your most crucial aspect, accounting for approximately 50% of your time. You will monitor program or project budgets, track expenses, and identify cost-cutting opportunities. You will also create financial reports, such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, to show stakeholders the program’s financial performance.
In addition to these primary duties, you will assist the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) with various tasks. This will take approximately 20% of your time. Coordination with external accountants, assistance with audits, and ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards are all examples of what this entails.
In summary, you will be responsible for various financial tasks and activities as a Program Finance Officer, focusing on bookkeeping, accounting, budget reporting, and assisting the DFO. Your work will be critical to the program’s or project’s and the organization’s success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Review and maintain financial transactions entered by the assistant account into the system to ensure the accuracy and up-to-datedness of program or project’s financial records;
- Monitor expenses and budget to ensure no over-expenditure and take appropriate action to prevent it;
- In cooperation with project managers, create financial reports, such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, to show stakeholders the program’s financial performance;
- Maintain and control the procurement application within Aflatoun;
- Assist the Director of Finance and Operations and the PMU manager in implementing new project management processes, tools, and templates, including upgrades to finance, procurement and timekeeping systems;
- Support managers in collecting information for proposals, donor reports, and audits;
- Integrate new projects on Exact online and update any changes in coordination with the senior project manager.
Non-technical responsibilities as Aflatoun staff
- Positively contribute to team discussions and the effective running of the organisation;
- Cross-departmental collaboration, compliance with organisational policies and procedures including submitting monthly timesheets;
- Promote Aflatoun’s work on social media;
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances;
- Be willing to adapt to different tasks and different cross-organisational tasks, this includes but is not limited to helping deliver Aflatoun events such as the International Conferences and staff retreats.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant academic qualification (such as accounting, finance, project management, business, economics at university or the Dutch HEAO);
- Two to four years of experience but eagerness to learn will be considered;
- Have a solid understanding of project management principles and processes;
- Are highly proficient with Microsoft Excel;
- Are comfortable with technology, learning new systems, and ‘figuring things out’ (some familiarity with Salesforce or Exact Online would be a plus, but is not required);
- Are extremely pro-active, and actively consult, seek advice and take every opportunity to develop and recommend workable solutions to problems as they arise;
- Are fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of additional languages such as Dutch, Spanish, French, Russian, or Arabic would be an advantage;
- Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The position is a full-time position. We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross monthly salary range of € 3045 and € 3375 per month (inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance, and national insurance contributions) – the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
Due to the nature of Aflatoun’s work with children around the world, specific attention is drawn to Aflatoun’s Child Protection Policy and its Policy on the Protection of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). These two policies are required to be signed by new employees and form part of the employment documents related to the employment contract. The applicant commits to zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse. An additional written test may be required.
Management may appoint at a lower step based on the candidate’s skills and experiences against the position’s requirements
How to apply
Please apply online at https://aflatoun.bamboohr.com/careers/190 no later than 31/05/2023. If you have any specific, questions about the position please contact the HR Officer Chitra at email@example.com