- May 9, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Programme Manager Ukraine (100 %)
Caritas Switzerland (CACH) is one of the leading Swiss NGOs in the field of poverty reduction in Switzerland and abroad. International Cooperation programmes focus on humanitarian aid, income generation, climate change and migration. The Programme Ukraine Crisis Response is currently operating in the Ukraine as well as in neighbouring countries providing emergency assistance to people affected by the conflict. Caritas Switzerland works through local implementing partners, taking the localization of aid approach in its response, and focus on bringing technical value-added specifically in the field of cash and markets, shelter and supports partners on financial controlling and compliance standards.
- Development of project proposals for the UCR programme portfolio (Migration, Income, Humanitarian Aid), especially Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) and income programming
- Provide technical oversight and programme management of ongoing CVA and income projects
- Build capacities of local partners and Caritas staff through training and technical accompaniment
- Represent Caritas Switzerland in the UN cluster system, Cash Working Groups and other CVA/Income networks as necessary
- Project Cycle Management of projects of the UCR programme, including the elaboration of intermediary/final reports and situation updates towards external donors and stakeholders
- Quality control and supervision in terms of humanitarian and technical standards, including overall financial monitoring, quality check of programmatic and financial reporting, ensuring implementation of Caritas Switzerland standards
- Relationship management with partner organisations at senior and operational level
- Personnel management of international and national staff in support of the Director UCR, development of UCR strategy and HR management (recruitment and supervision of locally employed staff)
- Master’s Degree (Master or Diploma) in International Affairs, Social Studies, Economy, Environmental Science or in any other relevant field, post graduate in development studies and / or humanitarian aid is an advantage
- Several years of work experience in the area of international cooperation (especially in emergency relief and humanitarian aid operations), including foreign assignments, and positions with management responsibility
- Solid experience in planning, monitoring and implementation of projects and programmes (PCM-experience) and in cooperation with local partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing Cash and Voucher Assistance CVA projects (including knowledge of cash transfer options, vulnerability scoring assessments as well as market assessments for different sectors)
- Experience in the collaboration with bi- and multilateral donors, spirit for acquisition and development of innovative project ideas and proposals
- Readiness to carry out field missions within the Ukraine if security situation allows (adhering to CACH’s security policies)
- Excellent collaboration, networking, and representational skills – Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work and communicate in a wide variety of cultural contexts
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, knowledge of Polish/Ukrainian/Russian is an advantage
Your place of work will be Lviv, Ukraine.
Starting date: 01.06.2023 or earlier
Duration of contract: 31.05.2024
Caritas offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities.
For further information please contact: Mr Guido Dost, Programme Director Ukraine, Telephone +41 76 381 84 16.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by 21 May 2023 latest through our web portal. Apply here.
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne