- April 4, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Are you working in the area of water, climate, and gender equality? Are you knowledgeable about the human rights to water and sanitation? Do you belief in social and climate justice? And do you consider yourself a feminist? Are you an outstanding networker with excellent relationship skills, and are you good at listening and asking the right questions? If so, and if you feel at home in an agile organisation – then Simavi is looking for you!
Your role at Simavi
As programme officer you will be responsible for maintaining a productive relation with CSO partners in specific countries. Trust is key in building up effective partnerships. You will collaborate with these partners in the execution of their projects and programmes, liaise with them to ensure we follow our partnership principles, and uphold agreements on accountability and transparency. Both towards the donor, as well as to the ultimate stakeholder, and last but not least – to each other.
As Programme Officer you also support our integrated advocacy and campaign work, linking what partners do in-country with our L&A and campaign teams to inform and influence relevant audiences in the Netherlands and internationally.
You will also contribute to the development of new projects and programmes, and collaborate with CSO partners in the co-creation process. We apply an evidence-informed approach, therefore you will also be expected to deliver specific thematic and country expertise (of what has been tried and tested and has proven to be effective) to come up with creative and innovative new ideas.
Your result areas
- Effective and trust-base relations with CSO partners in our focus countries, in support of their projects and programmes to achieve the greatest impact possible, in line with our mission and vision.
- Co-create new projects and programmes with CSO partners, and support writing new funding proposals in line with our Theory of Change and long term strategy, including how we can shift, share and shape our power – to the benefit of women and girls as our ultimate stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain sector expertise and networks, and contribute to external visibility and profiling of our work together with partners.**What you bring**
- Academic level of education (master degree) in the area of water, climate adaptation, gender or related field.
- At least three years of relevant working experience with an (international) NGO.
- Proven knowledge and experience with rights- and justice-based approaches.
- You belief in equal partnerships and are able to build trustworthy relationships with likeminded people and their organisations.
- You are a are a team player and are open to listen to and learn from others.
- You stand your ground and feel comfortable to provide constructive feedback.
- You are self-reliant, result-driven and entrepreneurial.
- You exhibit good communication skills within a multicultural context (our common working language is English, yet for many of our colleagues this is not their native language).
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands or registered as an independent consultant in Bangladesh, Nepal, Uganda or Kenya.**Note**
This is an international position. In accordance with our Diversification and Inclusion policy, and our engagement to “shift the power” this position can be based in the Netherlands, Uganda, Nepal, Bangladesh or Kenya. The requirements mentioned above will be leading in the selection process. Please note that we will not consider applications outside of the mentioned countries.
How to apply
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) before 17th April 2022 via the application button on our website.