- August 18, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Position: Project Manager
Reports to: DCD program
Duration: One year
Location: Damazin, Blue Nile, Sudan
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The projects will be implemented in North Darfur and Blue Nile states. The position role involves overseeing and supporting the Health (PHC), Nutrition (CMAM) and WASH project(s) with the help of sector Technical Coordinators. Key aspects of the role include project management, partnership management, planning, M&E and representation and liaison at the local level.
This position is based full-time in Blue Nile with extensive field travel to all locations. The post holder will be working closely with the technical coordinators, technical managers for Health, Nutrition and WASH to ensure smooth implementation of projects and budget management responsibility. The post holder will inform the DCD Program and Area Managers of any potential internal and external risks that may compromise the quality of programmes and help mitigate them.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the overall implementation of the BHA Health, Nutrition and WASH projects in North and Blue Nile states in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with RI, donor, country and international standards i.e., Sphere and HAP standards
- Lead the scheduling and planning of the monthly project work plans, spending plans, budget reviews at the field level
- Overall financial oversight to monitor the project budgets in consultations with the technical managers and technical coordinators and finance team at the respective project locations where technical managers and technical coordinators are owners of the budget.
- Responsible for the development and submission of (internal) monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual projects reports to the Grants Coordinator for review and sharing with the donor.
- Liaise with the Grants Coordinator, Finance Manager to the file the project documents for the active grant and partnership files
- Ensure program compliance including with implementing partner on award policies and procedures
- Manage implementing partners and coordinate on the program implementation, reporting with the partners.
- Monitor and evaluate project partner’s activities, output and outcomes
- Build and maintain effective relationships with project partners
- Guide the project partners and strengthen their capacity through close collaboration, open communication, and capacity building
- Provide regular feedback and updates on current or potential partner programming to the DCD-Program and Grants Coordinator
- Conduct field visits as part of monitoring, problem solving and managing partnership (15% of your working time)
- Line-manage the Sector Officers(s) of the assigned project(s), including day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals, etc.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of project objectives, and opportunity for feedback.
- Provide staff coaching and technical supervision to develop ownership / responsibility for Health and Nutrition activities.
Communication and Coordination
- Maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication with the structures with the assigned location of North Darfur and Blue Nile, RI in-country and HQ TAD managers and advisors.
- Liaise, as necessary, with the Programs, logistics and finance staff to ensure items are procured, transported, stored, managed and accounted for correctly.
in addition to montly Remuneration staff are entitled for following benefits
2. Required Orientation two days prior to deployment date whenever possible
3. International Medical Insurance
4. Emergency Medical Evacuation insurance
5. Accidental/Death Disability Insurance
6. Accrual of 1.5 paid vacation day(s) per month; and 1 sick day per month
7. Daily Post Differential allowance
8. 25% Danger pay allowance aligned with RI Policy.
9. Accrual of 5 R&R days every 5 weeks and $600 R&R travel stipend as per RI policy
10. Relief International Shared Housing accommodation.
11. Relocation Allowance for employees with a one-year contract or more based on RI policy
12. If the employment contract is extended beyond one year of service, RI shall start contributing 5% of employee’s salary towards RI Sponsored Savings Plan based on RI policy
13. Home Leave shall apply if the contract is extended beyond 12 months of service
14. Economy Roundtrip Ticket as per RI policy
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong management and communication skills. Teamwork spirit, community participation, capacity building,
- Bachelor of Medicine, Nursing or Community Health
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in the Health and Nutrition sector
- Understanding of development issues in the Health and Nutrition sector, relevant policies and frameworks
- Understanding of community development
- Strong knowledge in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects
- Understanding of participatory methodologies
- Understanding of local civil society organizations development
- Understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty
Ability to work as part of the team and act on own initiative
Good communication skills; fluent English is required
Courteous and helpful manner
Flexible Approach to work
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
·Transparency and Accountability
·Agility and Innovation
How to apply
Please apply via the following link