- February 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address global problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Project Manager, GH-TAMS
Department/Location: Institutional Support, Washington, DC or home based (US based)
Reports To: Senior Project Manager
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview of the Position:
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to work with the Global Health Technical Assistance and Mission Support (GH-TAMS) project team in Washington, DC. GH-TAMS is a five-year USAID-funded contract. GH_TAMS supports USAID operating units working on health-related activities by providing access to high-quality technical expertise and management support.
As a Project Manager you will be a full-time employee working as part of a team to manage independent consultants and implement procedures for GH-TAMS assignments. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the assignment planning process, including working with USAID clients to develop scopes of work (SOWs), cost estimates, and implementation timelines.
- Recruit technical experts (consultants) to conduct GH-TAMS assignments.
- Responsible for all logistical support for consultants both in the United States and overseas.
- Coordinate and track project activities and personnel through planning, implementation, and reporting phases, under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager and Project Deputy Director.
- Facilitate smooth workflow by maintaining regular communication with project employees, clients, and consultants to ensure that clients and consultants are supported throughout the course of their assignments.
- Ensure necessary USAID approvals are obtained in a timely manner by preparing official notifications to USAID and other key stakeholders.
- Track expenditures and carefully monitor assignment level budgets.
- Participate in, and/or chair team-wide meetings and initiatives.
- Assist in the training/orientation of project staff and consultants on operations, procedures, and tools.
- Promote integration and cross-fertilization of ideas and information across assignments.
- Collaborate with GH-TAMS employees to develop reports and other contractual deliverables ensuring timely submission and quality of content.
- Implement administrative close-out of assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of three years’ related work experience.
- Experience of USAID funded projects.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Team player, flexible, and proactive.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Well-organized, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, proactive in anticipating work requirements and problem solving
- Mastery of word processing, spreadsheets, database use and presentation software (Microsoft Office) required
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of international public health and development issues.
- Fluency in another language (French or Spanish) is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, global health, business or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Work Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently IBTCI is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company. There is likely to be a hybrid (part home / part office) work model post Covid.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization: You should be authorized to work in the U.S.A. since visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).