- July 12, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The escalation of conflict in Ukraine has forced more than 5 million people – mostly women and children – to flee to neighbouring countries. With the escalating crisis, the needs are growing by the hour. More than half of Ukraine’s children have either fled for safety within the country or are living as refugees.
Since the conflict started, our teams have been on the ground assessing and responding to the urgent needs of those searching for safety. We are currently scaling up our multi-country response across three countries (Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine) and are recruiting for many key positions that will make a direct impact on the lives of people who have been caught up in conflict.
Employee Contract Type:
- Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- This position will be based in Romania
- Coordinate with Operations Manager, programmes, sector leads, finance, and administration staff to ensure operational systems are in place to support field activities.
- Timely completion of annual work plans, reports and ensure grant management compliance for the WV project in alignment with donor and WV regulations.
- Engage directly with partners, local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders in regards to the project
- Prepare and submit output reports and overall performance progress reports detailing achievements against plans and variance on a regular basis in liaison to programs and MEAL.
- Take lead in coordination and communication within team members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives
- Establish and maintain effective project management tools for implementation, work plan management, procurement, budget management and spending planning, quality assurance monitoring, beneficiary accountability, and programmatic and financial reporting.
- Develop project DIPs, procurement plans and purchase requisitions for the project.
- Work closely with procurement and logistic to make sure project materials are procured and delivered to project sites in a timely manner to meet the project objectives.
- Work with other Technical Advisors, Field Supervisors and MEAL to ensure timely, high quality project implementation, reviews and oversight.
- Supervise the project officers to ensure timely implementation of activities and attainment of set outputs, expenditure and management of burn rate.
- Work with programs & technical advisors to review the project design and budget revision requests if necessary.
Staff Supervision and Management:
- Demonstrate World Vision’s core values, vision and mission in all aspects of the role.
- Recruit, together with P&C , technical advisors all key project staff for protection , education and mental health.
- Develop and maintain an adequate human resource plan consistent with WV & donor policies/requirements in line with local laws and ensure proper technical and operational capacity of staff to manage and implement project initiatives
- Enhance the capacity of project staff to provide quality implementation of the project by building capacity through off the job, on job trainings and mentorship as well as performance management
- Conduct continuous & quarterly reviews of staff performance in line with WVs performance management system, availing opportunities for staff feedback
- Work with finance to generate project budgets ensuring that all key areas are adequately budgeted for in order to achieve the set targets/goals.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and WV SO.
- Work closely with Finance Manager to ensure grant/project compliance and project expenditures are reasonable, allocable, and prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure compliance with external audit.
Track project expenditure and reporting.
Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Work closely with MEAL to ensure M and E frameworks of the projects are in place and used to guide project implementation.
- Develop and maintain effective project quality assurance mechanisms, including monitoring system for tracking of project progress against indicators, activities and key project milestones, reporting, evaluation, and communication systems
- Conduct routine visits to project sites for purposes of project support, monitoring ensuring that implementation is per approved DIP.
- Organise and facilitate regular project review meetings with project staff to review progress and quality of activity implementation and ascertain that protocols & guidelines as well as international minimum SPHERE standards as provided are met.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements
- Work closely with MEAL and other technical managers to develop tools for monitoring, reporting, documentation and knowledge management, including establishment of standard tools and systems for documentation and information sharing of project progress, best practices, lessons learnt and success stories
Donor and SO Relations:
- Submit quality programme reports for Donors and other stakeholders to programs within set timelines.
- Actively participate in coordination meetings at both county and national or sub cluster level where key issues related to the project interventions are discussed.
Support programs with regards to SO engagements on project operational issues during the implementation phase and close out.
- Work with the partnering unit, Filed Supervisors & technical specialists to identify the right partners to work with in the specific projects.
- Identify capacity gaps amongst partners, draw up a capacity enhancement plan and facilitate their training by relevant units/sectors
Maintain open communication with partner agencies, other INGO’s, and other UN agencies and other relevant external partners regarding project initiatives for enhanced coordination in areas of mutual interest,
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Position in a fully competent manner.
- Strong experience in grant management, managing staff, partners and facilitating capacity building
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to manage work life without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to scan the environment and adapt quickly to the needs or come up with suitable options.
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Nutrition and Food Science or Public Health
- Master’s degree in management or any other related field preferred.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in urban programming a must.
- 3-5 years proven experience in emergency programming with at least 2 years of that experience in project management.
TRAVEL AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to project sites _40_% of the time.
- Full time job during the duration of the contract.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Romanian language a must.
- Ukrainian language an added advantage
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
How to apply
How to apply
If you are Romania and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via the below website, only local applications submitted via our website are accepted