- August 3, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
SNV is a mission-driven global development partner working in more than 20 countries across Africa and Asia. Building on 60 years of experience and grounded in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we work on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance. Together with our team of over 1,600 people, our mission is to strengthen capacities and catalyse partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all.
Our core values of people-centeredness and respect, equity and equality, and diversity and inclusion, are fundamental to who we are, and what we do. This is reflected in our vision and mission, and strategy, which sets out our aspirations and commitments as our compass towards 2030.
SNV is seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead an upcoming programme supporting Urban Resilience and Climate Adaptation in Vietnamese cities (contingent to funding).
As the Project Manager, you will oversee implementation, compliance, and delivery of the project. You’ll ensure adherence to procedures, donor requirements, and contracts. Your responsibilities include planning, monitoring, and assigning activities for timely and high-quality outcomes within budget. You’ll also handle project compliance, accounting, and reporting. Building partnerships, identifying opportunities, and promoting knowledge sharing are integral to the role. Your focus will be on managing projects within a single country, but various cities.
As a technical lead, you’ll bring knowledge and experience in delivering urban resilience programs for donors. This includes strengthening municipal service delivery, investment planning, and financial management for improved services. You’ll play a crucial role in enhancing cities’ capacities to address climate adaptation through public investment.
Join SNV as our Project Manager and make a meaningful impact on Vietnamese cities’ resilience and development. Apply now to contribute your expertise.
- Project set-up and design: Establish project structures and procedures, ensuring alignment with organizational guidelines, accounting principles, and donor requirements.
- Project Management: Lead and manage project teams, assign deliverables, monitor progress, address deviations, and facilitate project closure and evaluation.
- Technical quality assurance: Ensure the quality of project deliverables and provide technical input to meet the required standards.
- Contract Management & Project Accounting: Ensure compliance with administrative, finance, and HR components of the project. Manage project budget, obtain approvals for contract/budget deviations, and mitigate financial risks.
- People Management & Team Leadership: Guide, develop, and motivate team members. Prepare resource estimation for recruitment and advise on contract conditions.
- Analysis & Reporting: Collect, consolidate, and review project information following monitoring and evaluation guidelines. Provide insights and recommendations for organizational policies and practices.
- Knowledge Development: Contribute to internal and external knowledge sharing by documenting project insights, attending workshops/conferences, and applying lessons learned.
- Results & KPIs: Ensure structured project management, timely implementation, quality deliverables, compliance with contracts and budget, appropriate staffing, risk mitigation, and insightful reporting.
- (Proficiency level equivalent to) Master’s degree in urban planning, engineering, architecture, hydrology, sustainable development or similar.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in programme management in the water sector, ideally in supporting urban resilience, drainage and flood management, or urban service delivery improvement processes.
- Experience managing projects’ budget above EUR 5 million.
- Experience with Swiss international development cooperation or with transferring Swiss know-how to developing contexts would be an asset.
- Experience working in Southeast Asia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Vietnamese would be an important added value.
- Extensive experience managing grants and navigating political situations.
- Profound knowledge of project management procedures, systems, and finance processes.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning and knowledge sharing.
- Analytical mindset for data analysis and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Result-oriented with a focus on impactful outcomes
- Knowledge of Vietnamese language
- Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Contract Duration: one-year initial contract with possibility of extension up to four years
- Expected Start Date: The start date for this position is dependent on funding availability. While we anticipate a start date in April 2024, please note that the actual start date may be subject to change. We are seeking candidates who are open to flexible start dates and can accommodate potential adjustments based on funding timelines.
- Travel: travel within Viet Nam is expected
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and a letter of motivation. Please submit your application only via Smart Recruiters. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We aim to close the vacancy as soon as we have identified a suitable candidate for the position. The selection process will involve periodic reviews of applications.
If we see that your experience and skills match the requirements of the position, we will contact you to advise you of the next steps in the recruitment process. Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with a Selection Committee will take place.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts.
SNV carries out rigorous background and reference checks concerning possible safeguarding incidents for all candidates applying for International determined positions. As SNV participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a request to past employers to fill in a questionnaire regarding Misconduct (sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment), the “Statement of Conduct“. This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme.
*We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.