- May 22, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Project Manager, USAID Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (A/DEIA) – Call Order for DEIA Management and Agency Priorities, Social Impact, United States
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID A/DEIA Overview:
USAID established the Office of the Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Officer (A/DEIA) to advance, coordinate, and provide technical expertise in support of DEIA programming and implementation across the agency. The creation of the A/DEIA was essential for advancing USAID’s efforts to foster more respectful, inclusive, and safe environments across the Agency’s workplaces and programs by investing in people, updating policies and practices, and strengthening and diversifying programs and partnerships.
DEIA Call Order Project Objective:
Social Impact is carrying out the DEIA Call Order project with USAID/A/DEIA. The purpose of this Call Order is to provide general support to USAID’s Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (A/DEIA). This order will strengthen USAID’s operations performance through analytical support, assessments, technical assistance and training, and communication and change management.
Social Impact is seeking a full-time mid-level Project Manager to support the task management efforts of the A/DEIA. This is a project position starting ASAP with option years that may be exercised by the client until Sept 30, 2027.
- Manage tasks, timelines, and resources for A/DEIA Office and MAP DEIA Team.
- Communicate with project team and partners, manage risks and issues, monitor progress to ensure projects remain on track.
- Support design and facilitation of learning meetings and workshops.
- Support strategic learning and knowledge management across the Agency and A/DEIA for DEIA practices and processes.
- Potential international travel for USAID regional DEIA workshops (15-20%).
- Provide regular communication and attend meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Business, Economics, Political Science, Communications, Knowledge Management, or other relevant subject area AND 10 years of experience in learning OR
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Business, Economics, Political Science, Communications, Knowledge Management, or other relevant subject area AND eight years of experience in learning.
- Ability to take on projects with minimal guidance (but guided by a collaborative and supportive team lead with a holistic coaching approach).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where it is necessary to handle competing priorities with various levels of pressure and time sensitivity.
- Independently capable while remaining team oriented, and strongly invested in collaboration.
- Strong relationship building skills and facilitation experience.
- USAID experience a plus
- Project management experience, PMP Certification a plus
- Management consulting experience a plus
- Understanding of USAID Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) principles and methodology.
- Understanding of Human-Centered Design/ Universal Design Learning principles
- Employee engagement/organizational development background.
- Knowledge management and organizational learning experience.
- Organizational development knowledge and experience.
- Change management experience a plus.
- Experience managing projects and/or offices.
- DEIA certifications are a plus.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
To apply please visit our Careers site.