World Vision International
*Preferred position location: Nairobi, Kenya. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate within Africa, Eastern Europe and the Middle East Region (possible home based) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.**
Here’s where you come in:
This is an exciting opportunity to support our largest ever global campaign It Takes a World to End Violence against Children and join a dynamic team of passionate advocates for the rights of children. You will be exposed to multiple facets of running a global campaign, and help monitor its different streams.
As Project Officer you will help collect data and stories about our impact and communicate them convincingly to different audiences. You will work directly with a large variety of internal and external stakeholders to catalyse a global movement to end violence against children.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in project management, preferably in the development/humanitarian sector.
- Proven experience working in an environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to consolidate and summarize large volumes of information into compelling presentations and summaries (factsheets, charts, graphs, tables).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and OneDrive.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet, Zoom and the Google suite.
- Some familiarity with design tools such as Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel less than 10 % of the time.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 20 NOV 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.