- June 13, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Recruitment Reference: HIPIN/BICOL/2022/001 Handicap International Federation runs missions under its operating name, Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent international aid organization working in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups in 60 countries, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Humanity & Inclusion in partnership is seeking a Project Officers to support the implementation of project officers for i2A Projects for 2-years in BARMM and Bicol Region July 2022 to July 2024.
The Project Offices will support in the implementation of Humanity & Inclusion’s activities on disaster risk reduction, humanitarian action, including conflict situations, disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness and anticipatory action. The Project Officers will also be for HI’s project implementation and reporting, monitoring of project targets and indicators. Project level coordination with partners (consortium, government, local CSOs, science agencies, UN agencies and other relevant stakeholders), relationship building with partners and key stakeholders, promotion of HI’s advocacies and mandate, fulfillment of administration and support services project requirements, application of program policies and initiatives as necessary.
Line Manager: Project Manager
Duty Station: Bicol areas
Duration: 24 Months
Mission 1: Operational implementation
Responsibility 1: Contribute to project planning and implementation in line with the existing frameworks
- Contribute to planning and preparing activities, tools and the associated resources, and implement the action plan in conjunction with the support services and the technical unit.
- Ensure that activities are implemented and that resources are correctly allocated as authorized by the project manager.
- Ensure regular reporting of activities, and contribute to the internal and external reporting as requested by the project manager.
- Contribute to identifying areas of the project in which adjustments are required and put forward adaptations to the project manager.
- Contribute to the drafting of amendment requests when asked by the project manager.
- Contribute to coordination with the local stakeholders and to monitoring the partnership relationship with the project partners.
- Ensure that project documents and information are properly archived.
Responsibility 2: Contribute to project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Contribute to project monitoring, specifically activity progress indicators and the expected outcomes.
- Contribute to project evaluations at the request of the project manager, and ensure that project evaluation recommendations are followed.
- Contribute to the setup and smooth running of accountability mechanisms.
- Contribute to project learning.
Responsibility 3: Ensure project data management
- Ensure that the appropriate data collection and management tools are in place and are used correctly on the project, in line with global standards.
- Collect and compile project-related data in the relevant database.
Responsibility 4: Contribute to the coordination of project teams
- As authorized by the project manager, facilitate coordination meetings between the project teams and the support services located in the area when necessary.
- Ensure that the project teams and the support teams (shared and technical services, in particular) work well together in order to facilitate the implementation of the project in the country.
Responsibility 5: Contribute to external project communication
- Contribute to HI’s external influence by taking part in networks, when required.
- Communicate about the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant.
Mission 2: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Contribute to the program’s emergency preparedness initiatives, and in an emergency situation, adapt his/her working arrangements in order to contribute to an effective humanitarian response from HI.
- Bachelor’s Degree on any of the following: Social Sciences, Development Studies, or any related courses
- At least 1-year professional experience project specifically in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction, participatory governance or similar fields and position.
- Trained on disability, gender, age cross cutting issue is an asset.
- Knowledge in partnerships development and alliances is desirable.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to learn and adapt within dynamic and often self-directed
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field extensively; Knowledge of the geographical area is an advantage.
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure.
- Knowledgeable of the local and political context of the project area.
- Proven expertise and understanding of the DRR thematic and local governance context in the Philippines,
- Substantial knowledge on gender equality and its application in the implementation of project activities
- Highly proficient skills in technical writing
- Excellent in spoken and written English, Filipino and dialects spoken in Bicolano is an advantage
- Proficient in using computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc.)
- Good understanding of DRR, local governance, gender issues.
- Experience working with an INGO/NGO is an advantage
- Knowledge on the international humanitarian standards (e.g. Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE Standards) and framework and the national humanitarian UN coordination system.
- Knowledge and understanding of disability in emergency will be an asset.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, and negotiating and managing problems and conflicts.
- Proven skills to advocate and build networks, and to promote participation and cooperation among stakeholders.
- Knowledge in setting up accountability mechanisms and protective measures towards beneficiaries.
- At least 1-year experience in emergency /humanitarian settings in NGO/INGO in the Philippines.
- Experienced working in the communities.
- Experienced in disaster preparedness and anticipatory action.
- Experience in development project implementation plan and coordination.
- Proven understanding of Disaster Risk Reduction and Management in the Philippines.
- Proficient in using computer programs and online collaboration and training tools.
How to apply
- A resume not longer than three (3) pages summarizing qualifications and experience including 3 work references from previous line-managers or HR unit with contact details (phone and email address)
- An application/motivation letter is a MUST;
- Immediately available to join;
- Recruitment Reference (HIPIN/BICOL/2022/001) should be specified in the subject line of your email application.
Incomplete requirements may result to disqualification of your application. NBI/Police clearance is a must for the selected candidate before onboarding Please send the stated requirements to email@example.com on or before 21st June 2022. HI keeps the right to fill the position by a qualified candidate before deadline. Kindly note that we will contact only the short-listed candidates. Applications from persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
By applying to any of these job vacancies of Humanity and Inclusion, the applicant understands that if s/he is a successful candidate, s/he will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. Salary: In determining salary for this position, HI Philippines-Indonesia applies its salary grading process, taking into consideration the job description and applicant’s previous work experience and the organization’s salary grid.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply. Humanity & Inclusion has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, fraud, bribery and corruption. To learn more about Humanity & Inclusion, please visit our website at www.hi.org