- July 14, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Title: Project Officer Business Delivery
Sector: HQ, Corporate
Position Type: Full-time
Duration/Level of Effort: 39.5 hours
Position Location: Bruxelles, Paris remote
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Cowater Brussels is currently recruiting a Project Officer to work with the Business Delivery Department in charge of implementing donor technical assistance projects. Working with different Project Directors, the Project Officer will have the responsibility for supporting the detailed financial and technical oversight of projects and support the project Directors during the whole project implementation.
Support to management and implementation of projects
- Contract administration & monitoring (individuals);
- Project Planning and contractual compliance;
- Consultant coordination;
- Editing and reporting support;
- Research for specific project activities; and
- Support project budgeting/budget monitoring and forecasting
- Preparing Payment Requests (analytical accountancy)
- Participating in HR recruitment: management of job publications, screening and follow- up of candidates for ST and NKE positions in projects
- Format project documents, revise syntax as requested;
- Assist the Project Directors in ensuring all reports are prepared and submitted to the Client according to the contract and in a timely manner;
- Provide overall support for new and existing projects;
- Support all components of project start-up, including: staffing, development of operational procedures, etc.;
- Providing logistical support;
- Conduct research from various sources and weave together into cohesive documents;
- Assist in the preparation of communication materials (newsletters, factsheets, infographics and other publications).
- Perform other duties that may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Previous experience in the international development consulting sector is an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and French with excellent communication and drafting skills.
- Excellent command of Microsoft applications.
- Strong administrative skills e.g. accuracy, attention to detail, efficiency
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly take on new knowledge and learn new tasks
- Show initiatives and bring new ideas
- Ability to work autonomously and in team-based environment
- Ability to work under pressure, and to adhere to deadlines
- Reliable and flexible
Language Proficiency: English, French
Employment Conditions: N/A
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is a global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.
How to apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Career page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.