- April 29, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Project Officer for Education in Emergencies’ main task is to ensure the safe, quality, and timely implementation of Save the Children’s humanitarian projects, with focus on education in emergencies, under its Typhoon Rai/Odette relief and early-recovery program. The post-holder is expected to directly work with the Project Coordinator and other project team members in planning, implementing, evaluating, and monitoring the response activities in the area coverage such as in Bohol and Southern Leyte provinces. He or she shall ensure that the implementation activities are within the budget and complies with the donor requirements, humanitarian principles, children’s rights, human rights, and Save the Children’s existing policies and standards.
The post-holder shall also be responsible in providing technical inputs to build and strengthen the capacity of partner local government units (LGUs) and other organizations/institutions such as the Department of Education sub-national levels (i.e. Division Offices) and contribute to the overall networking and coordination works with different stakeholders.
The post-holder shall also be requested to support and implement humanitarian responses that may arise within the duration of his/her employment contract.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* University degree in the education, social sciences, or community development
* At least three years of work experience in humanitarian and/or development program administration or management of different projects
* Strong respect for confidentiality
* Ability to work on own initiative to build on and develop the job, combined with ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Fluency in English and Filipino, both written and verbal, a must
* Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives and deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people in a large organization
* Highly organized, with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines and organize work
* Ability to keep track of the quality and status of own or others’ work
* Proven attention to detail and ability to effectively manage a high volume of data and information Proven experience of using MS office application (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
* Strong customer servicing skills
* Experience in problem solving
* Willingness and ability to travel nationally as needed.
* Experience in humanitarian programme management, preparedness and response in different contexts
* Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring compliance to operations in cash and voucher assistance or similar humanitarian assistance
* Experience in building, working, and developing local partnerships, including with the private sector.
* Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes.
* Security management experience across a large programme.
* Experience in developing and delivering training, as well as mentoring and coaching.
* Good understanding of current humanitarian issues and the dilemmas/compromises inherent in modern humanitarian interventions
* Experience on budget and people management
LOCATION: Southern Leyte
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS42Mzc3My4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20