- May 23, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
World Vision international
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job title: Project Officer – Turkey
Under the supervision of Grants Manager, Senior Project Officer will oversee and ensure the proper implementation of the WV and donor funded WASH, Health, and Livelihood/ protection projects. Senior Project Officer will work, in close coordination with the respective Grant Manager, Technical Advisors, MEAL team and Field team towards ensuring the program is of a high technical quality in organizing logistical support, preparing documents, and conduct site visits to monitor the activities. The Senior Project Officer will closely work with the implementing partner Project Manager and relevant authorities.
Knowledge/ Qualifications for the role:
Project Implementation and Planning
- Plan, implement and coordinate to maintain project compliance with standards, country laws, donor requirement and objectives.
- Provide daily coordination with partners to ensure that inputs and technical quality of program activities are efficient and coordinated;
- Review and assess the component of activities and interrelationships with other components; identify possible solutions for problems and make recommendations.
- Coordinate with relevant departments at World Vision
- Visit project sites to monitor project activities and services are in high quality. Report to Portfolio Manager.
- Provide reports in timely manner for office, donor or for any entity as required.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure that all M&E activities within the project are implemented in a coordinated, communicated and timely manner.
- Seek the inclusion of technical guidance (both programmatic and M&E) by World Vision technical staff where necessary based on all relevant standards.
- Carry out regular field visits to monitor the implementation and progress of project activities, according to the approved proposal.
- Draft reports in the preparation of monthly reports and review of finance reports by providing requested information and documents to Portfolio Manager.
- Document lessons learned and allow for appropriate adjustments.
- Quality documentation using the SharePoint (or hard copy filing) including assessment and progress reports, proposals, program plans that meet WV and donor requirements.
Partnership and Networking
- Follow up with schools and government to ensure that all activities and reports are made on time.
- Support Turkey Representative and Portfolio Manager in building and maintaining relationships with Sanliurfa Governorate and other relevant actors in Turkey and inside Syria. Assist in preparing MoU and relevant documents.
- Attend working group and relevant cluster meeting and any other ad-hoc external meetings to ensure effective coordination and networking with governmental authorities and other agencies working in the relevant sector.
- Assist in identifying, reporting and responding to existing and potential child protection threats affecting the children participating in the project activities.
- Comply fully and ensure partners compliance with WV’s Child Protection Policy and code of conduct.
Capacity building and training
- Work closely with and provide ongoing support, mentoring and coaching to local NGO partners of the project, in implementation of project activities.
Any other duties might be assigned by Portfolio Manager or Operations Director.
Required Professional Experience:
Working experiences of at least 3 years in humanitarian sector, specific experience in WASH, Health, Livelihood/Protection project management
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
Bachelor degree (preferably in Social sciences, Development Studies)
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (both oral and written), Turkish knowledge is highly preferred
Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Motivated to work in humanitarian field and grow professionally, eager and quick to learn
Experience working on projects funded by international donors, preferably by BHA, DEC, ECHO, multi European institutional donors, and other private funding
Familiar with core principles of Children’s Rights, Child Protection, Participation, and ‘Do No Harm.’
Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
Working knowledge of the logical framework approach.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
40% field work
60% office based
Position requires willingness to travel to Syria (if security allows) and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.
POSITION BASED IN GAZIANTEP
English and Arabic, Turkish
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply through the below link :