- August 18, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Position: Prosthetic Limbs Technician
Location: The National Syrian project for prosthetic limbs – Syria – Al bab center
Closing date: 03-September -2023
About NSPPL :
The National Syrian Project for prosthetic limbs has been established in Feb 2013 by a group of Syrian doctors overseas to help the people whose parts have been imputed as a result of the Syrian war and provide them with prosthetic parts and the appropriate rehabilitation and NSPPL is a non-profit organization which serves people in Syria and Turkey.
1-Position Responsibilities and Duties:
First: assessing, measuring, Casting, and prescribing all the following cases:
- Upper and lower amputations.
- Paralysis of the lower and upper extremities
- Spinal orthoses
Second: producing the prostheses and the orthoses for the described above for all their stages
- Measuring and casting
- First Thermoforming (Test)
- Second Thermoforming (Final)
- Alignment (Final)
- Cosmetic Finishing
- Training on the Gait Cycle
- discharging Prostheses and orthoses (AFO, KAFO, and INSOL)
Third: Maintenance and repairing all the previous orthoses and Prostheses
2-Ethics and professional practice show:
- Respect the privacy of the beneficiary.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
- Discussed the needs and demands in a professional manner.
- Report any event or action that would harm the beneficiary or others.
- Always ask permission to touch one in any treatment or maneuver.
- Always show respect to the other party with regard to refusing treatment.
- Demonstrate competence to conduct an effective rehabilitation intervention.
- Showing that it is willing to increase their ability to enhance the professional competence and quality of care
- Report any need to your department manager to improve/improve your skills and knowledge.
- Participate in training sessions and other types of capacity-building activities,
- Participating in different events common to all team members (team meetings, case management meetings)
- Customs or requests to adapt to department management (reporting, etc.)
3-Qualifications & requirements:
- Diploma or university degree in the field of prosthetics + 3 years of experience
- Or At least 5 years of experience in the field of prosthetics
- Ability to communicate in both Arabic and English is a preference.
How to apply
If you are interested apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and filling out the application form with the updated CV.