- May 24, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Post Title: Psychologist
Location: Gaziantep – Adiyaman
Closing Date: 30-May-2023
Sened is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization established in 2013 and registered in Turkey with No.27-15-175; It arose in response to the suffering of Syrian refugees in Turkey & internally displaced persons in Syria as a result of the war waged by the Syrian regime on its own people and torn apart the entire country. Sened works through the humanitarian work sectors to empower persons with disabilities, their families and communities, advocate for their issues and include their voice in their communities. Sened has become a specialized NGO in the field of working with persons with disabilities and their families since 2015. It takes the aspirations of the founders, persons with disabilities and their families, and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) as a compass for its work.
To be responsible for managing cases, conducting appropriate referrals to a psychiatrist if needed and protection services.
To provide psychological interventions based on the beneficiary’s needs and presenting complaints.
- Adhere to internationally recognized best practices for evidence based psychological interventions and the management of children with mental health concerns. This includes ensuring the confidentiality of beneficiaries and respecting their privacy.
- Establish a safe space to conduct private and confidential sessions acceptable to those on the site and safely accessible by beneficiaries.
- Assess the beneficiary’s needs and presenting complaints and develop a care plan with the beneficiary based on those needs, including referrals to other services
- Conduct counseling sessions for care providers and families of beneficiaries.
- Conduct follow-up sessions as needed and decide with the parents when to close the case.
- Provide age-appropriate culturally relevant individual and/or group psychological counselling for beneficiaries.
- Identify concerns related to and support adherence to referral protocols and guiding principles for PSS, and bring these concerns to the direct manager or the Project Manager.
- Maintain an effective working relationship and regular communication with other PSS care providers.
- Complete daily case reports and data collection according to guidance provided by the PSS Technical Adviser
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to exchange information and ensure that Sened projects are responding to the evolving needs of beneficiaries.
- Refer beneficiaries to other health professionals whenever necessary
- Provide psycho-education sessions to the family members of clients when needed
- Manage the PSS case workers and follow-up PSS project activities.
- Assign daily tasks to the case workers.
- Meet with case workers to discuss the challenges they face and different solutions and ways to overcome them.
- Meet with case workers periodically and assign daily tasks to them.
Required Qualifications (Education/Languages/Work Experience):
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology or Social studies or any other field of psychological studies.
- Fluency either in the Arabic or Turkish language.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in a similar position.
- Advanced skills in the English language.
- Verified experience in humanitarian work and principles.
- Verified experience in conducting assessments and creating intervention plans.
Technical Competencies (TC):
- Advanced knowledge in PSS projects management.
- Advanced skills in problem solving.
- Advanced knowledge in psychological therapy.
- Basic knowledge in Excel & Word
- Basic knowledge in report writing.
Core Competencies (CC):
- Stakeholder Orientation.
- Planning and organizing
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological awareness
Child safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to SENED, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. SENED is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
SENED expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. SENED employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside SENED.
How to apply
- If you believe that your qualification meets the requirements of this position, we highly encourage you to apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH using the below link: https://forms.gle/LTPxsbQ7qqd1whjf9
- Please note that only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency of the position, SENED retains the right to recruit before the closing dates.
- Only candidate with Turkish nationality are accepted.