- April 26, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
Purpose of the role
Based in Adana and managed by the Deputy Program Manager, the position holder will be supporting and working in close collaboration with one of the LINK team operating in Adana. Overall, she/he will be responsible for planning and conducting regular group awareness and information sessions on stress management, basic psychosocial l and emotional well-being, parenting and GBV, etc. related topics with appropriate objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with LINK team in Adana and other professionals from a range of organizations to develop services that deliver the best possible outcomes for vulnerable/marginalized individuals and their
- Work co-operatively with other agencies and stakeholders, particularly with the agencies specialized in PSS and MHPSS
- Contribute to forums, coordination and working groups meetings, as agreed upon with the line manager, to develop and nurture fruitful referral
- Develop and sustain a functioning referral pathway with the local, national, international with the agencies specialized in PSS and MHPSS services in the southeast
- Collate information on needs and service gaps regarding PSS and MHPSS needs in the region to inform Link service
- At all times, be up to date on his/her knowledge on the local PSS and MHPSS service and assistances available in the southeast region for appropriate
- Work with supervisors and peers in harmony to achieve LINK work plans, objectives, and targets.
- Participate in one-to-one performance development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of own development
- Represent GOAL Turkey’s Protection Program when requested**.**
- Ensure impartiality, and confidentiality of beneficiaries, at all times.
- Ensure adherence to internationally recognized protection principles, standards, and relevant international and local regulations.
- Ensure adherence to internationally recognized PSS and MHPSS principles, standards, and relevant international and local
- Ensure adherence with GOAL’s code of conducts and other internal policies i.e. on confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity, and inclusion including the GOAL’s commitments to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Ensure full compliance with the GOAL’s health and safety policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop curriculums and define specific didactic materials for basic group sessions on stress management, psychosocial and emotional well-being,
- Revise and adapt existing LINK Stress Management Curriculum to support children and adults in identifying, and learning techniques to deal with stress, emotions and expressing emotions and feelings though different
- Ensure that all group sessions curriculums are in line with ICRCs Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support and IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency
- Ensure that design of group sessions and materials to be used during the sessions are age and gender appropriate and culturally
- Provide appropriate information to clients, professionals, colleagues, and others in order to maximize good decision-making
- Plan and conduct regular group awareness/information session on stress management, basic psychosocial and emotional well-being, parenting and GBV, etc. related topics with appropriate
- Throughout the group sessions be vigilant and detect persons who may have serious forms of distress or mental health conditions and in need of (or can benefit) supports from specialist mental health services offered by other I/NGOs and to state
- Ensure that by design and environment of group sessions, psychosocial issues (serious or otherwise) are normalized (in terms of cultural norms, beliefs, and stereotyping, etc.) and people are sensitized/encouraged to confidentiality seek help directly from specialist agencies themselves or through referral/accompaniment supports of LINK
- Throughout the group sessions appropriately encourage and inform beneficiaries that they can confidentiality approach to Link staff when and as they feel that they need individual counselling support for their (or someone they know) psychosocial issues.
- Ensure and maintain safe, comfortable, confidential, and therapeutic space for stress management, PSS information and awareness group
- Conduct home visits when it is necessary and
- Sensitize LINK protection staff in recognizing common psychosocial issues and disorders in their works with
- Support capacity development of LINK staff on basic counselling theory and technics.
- Represent LINK Program in MHPSS and other related working groups as requested by the
- Support LINK social services officer in mapping of specialist PSS and MHPSS services in SE region.
- Keep a record of attendance and pre-post-test of all group sessions
- Ensure that all activities are duly recorded in the database in respect to client confidentiality.
Referral Specific Responsibilities Duties
- In collaboration with the LINK teams, interagency referral focal point and statutory services officer identify and map the organizations specialized in PSS and MHPSS services in the cities and districts where GOAL’s LINK program is operational and ensure that information entered to the Link Services Map and regularly
- In close coordination and collaboration with LINK staff, particularly with social services officers, ensure that the target population has access to mental and psychosocial supports available from specialist agencies through the LINK referral and accompaniment
- Through close communication with the LINK interagency focal point, ensure proper follow-up, reporting and documentation of all PSS/MHPSS referral
- Throughout the group sessions be vigilant and identify persons with protection concerns and inform the Link IPA team immediately, in consultation with the persons in
- Turkish Citizenship
- Have theoretical and practical knowledge and experiences in group dynamics, social and/or psychotherapeutic group work including designing age-appropriate group information and awareness
- Familiarity/prior experience working with refugees would be a distinct
- At least 1 to 2 years’ work experience preferably in I/NGO
- Prior experience in a similar
- Fluent Arabic and Turkish language English is an asset.
- Effectively understands and is committed to diversity and equality and treats everyone with respect.
- Competent at using Microsoft Office software such as Excel for data analysis and presentation, and PowerPoint for communicating findings in a clear and compelling way.
- Self-sufficient, proactive, self-motivating work style.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in cooperation and within different cultural environments.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to prioritize and cope with pressing timelines and capacity and willingness to be rather flexible in challenging working circumstances.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is 10.May.2022
“Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment is requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.”
GOAL’ün, işe alım sürecinin (başvuru, başvuruların işlenmesi, mülakat, eğitim, oryantasyon) hiç bir aşamasında hiç bir şekilde ücret talep etmediğini, başvuru sahibine herhangi bir finansal yükümlülük yüklemediğini ya da başvuru sahibine ait banka bilgilerini talep etmediğini unutmayınız. GOAL işe alım süreci boyunca hiç bir aracı kurum ya da kuruluş yahut istihdam bürosuyla çalışmamaktadır. Eğer başvuru sırasında ya da işe alım sürecinin herhangi bir aşamasında sizden herhangi bir ücret ya da ödeme talep edilirse lütfen yanıt vermeyiniz.