- March 21, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) believes in creating a hemisphere of opportunity, for all. We work across Latin America and the Caribbean to make our region stronger—more healthy, peaceful, just, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable for current and future generations. For nearly 60 years, we have served the most vulnerable communities, investing resources throughout the hemisphere. We partner with and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the region.
PADF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States in 1962.
II. PROJECT OVERVIEW
About STEM Americas
In response to the increasing importance of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to the economies of Latin America, in early 2016 PADF launched the STEM Americas program. The STEM Americas program promotes sustainable livelihoods through STEM education. We work with children, youth, teachers, and partners to adapt educational approaches and contribute to rapidly changing economies. This is an interactive and hands-on STEM educational experience that ensures students, especially girls, gain curiosity, knowledge, and practical skills for the 21st century.
III. TERMS OF REFERENCE, DELIVERABLES AND DELIVERABLES SCHEDULE
Scope of Work
PADF seeks a Panama-based public relations consultancy, preferably through a public affairs/media relations firm that has a history of working with international development clients, to develop and implement communications and public relations strategies that increase the public’s awareness of planned activities around the STEM Americas program; enhance its image among key stakeholders; and maximize media opportunities in Panama and through targeted outreach to regional and U.S./international media either based in Panama or assigned to cover the country.
Day 1 (July 19):
· The First Lady of Panama will host a lunch for high-level officials including PADF senior representatives and major donors. Location TBD.
· PADF Executive Director may participate in an online virtual event with a STEM group in Florida, details TBD.
Day 2 (July 20):
· A series of balloons carrying scientific data collection experiments produced by STEM Americas students will be launched into space from the Estadio Armando Dely Valdes in Colon.
· One balloon will be launched by the President and First Lady.
· Balloons are visible for about 20 minutes after launch. Balloons will carry cameras that will transmit footage.
· National TV service (SERTV) will provide continuous live coverage for three hours, starting with the launch and followed by a series of pre-packaged content and live interviews and commentary.
· STEM Americas partners from across Latin America will send clips from students creating and explaining their experiments. These clips will be featured during the live coverage.
· Various stakeholders will be interviewed and/or provide commentary during the live coverage, including the President and First Lady, PADF Executive Director, STEM Americas partners, students, donors, sponsors, etc.
· Balloons are expected to fall into the ocean, with recovery of the capsules provided by the Panamanian Defense Forces. The rescue mission may also be covered live by national TV.
· PADF and STEM Americas partners will carry the live event on social media (Facebook Live).
Day 3 (July 21):
· Stakeholders will have the opportunity to go to different STEAM locations in Panama, including the Panama Canal, Museo Interoceanico, Smithsonian Museum, and City of Knowledge.
· Stakeholders will also have the opportunity to visit to a school, where local STEM Americas partner Fundesteam has implemented a STEM Lab. Participants will interact with students and learn more about the work of Fundesteam.
Media Relations: Develop and maintain effective working relations with media outlets that cover Panama, particularly those that specialize in the coverage of the President and First Lady of Panama, education, science, and international development/foreign relations. Media outreach should include regional and U.S./international media covering Panama for greater visibility and positioning PADF as a regional leader in STEM education. Will prepare and distribute news releases, maintain current media lists, and serve as primary point of contact with media. Will work in coordination with the First Lady’s press team, as appropriate.
Social Media: Develop and implement a sustained social media campaign to promote the event, with tagging of key partners and stakeholders. Campaign should include branded visuals and various formats to engage audiences.
Manage Special Events: Support three days of planned activities with all aspects of media relations, including media tours, media availabilities, media coverage, coordination of live streaming on national TV and on various social media platforms, audio-visual support, staging, program agenda, and collateral material. Must develop and maintain a very detailed schedule of media opportunities and the schedule for the live coverage.
Media Preparation: Prepare senior management and spokespersons for media interviews. Manage calendar of media interviews and opportunities.
Collateral Materials: Produce and print media kits and other materials that will be made available to key stakeholders. Ensure all activities, but especially main event, are properly branded and visually attractive.
Audio-Visual Support: Procure and manage local photography and videography services to capture high-quality photos, videos, and interviews of three days of activities. Manage post-production to include production of a video/short documentary and photo gallery with highlights.
Schedule of Deliverables
1. Public relations/media relations/social media coordination
2. Production of collateral materials
3. Multimedia support
IV. SUBMISSION DETAILS
a. Deadline. Proposals must be received no later than April 1, 2022, 11:59pm UTC−05:00. Late submissions will not be accepted. Proposals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . All proposals are to be submitted following the guidelines listed in this RFP.
b. Validity of bid. 120 days from the submission deadline
c. Clarifications. At this time, PADF will not be taking any questions.
d. Amendments. At any time prior to the deadline for submission of proposals, PADF may, for any reason, modify the RFP documents by amendment which will be posted to the PADF website and/or communicated via email.
V. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
· Understanding of local Panamanian, U.S. and International law concerning media.**
· History of working with International Development Clients**
· Must be based in Ciudad de Panama, Panama
· Must be a locally established public relations firm, not an individual consultant
· The firm must have 10+ years of experience, including experience with international development organizations**
· The firm must have in-house graphic design, media relations, and social media capacity and expertise; videography, pre- and post-production, and photography may be outsourced if needed**
VI. EVALUATION CRITERIA
Score (out of 100)
· Minimum 10 years of delivering high quality services on strategic communications, public relations and outreach, or civic advocacy support in international development, preferably with experience in STEM or related areas.
· Demonstrated ability to perform varied communications functions, including strategic engagement, public outreach, media relations, and/or content development.
· Proven ability to coordinate and communicate across stakeholder groups, donors, and intercultural contexts.
· The technical proposal will be evaluated based on the quality and demonstrated knowledge and skills in preparing the proposed approach and/or services offered.
· Samples of past projects should be included to demonstrate quality of work performed.
· The level of expertise and experience of the bidder’s proposed project team will be considered to ensure sufficient capacities.
· The bidder should provide details on its quality control mechanisms.
· The total cost must be reasonable and show efficient use of resources.
· Costs should reflect fair market value.
· Additional costs, if any, must be clearly identified.
· Offers will be compared amongst responsive bidders meeting technical requirements.
VII. PROPOSAL DOCUMENTS TO INCLUDE
a. Signed cover page on bidder’s letterhead with the bidder’s contact information.
b. Technical Proposal.
i. Corporate Capabilities, Experience, Past Performance, and 3 client references. Please include descriptions of similar projects or assignments and at least three client references.
ii. Qualifications of Key Personnel. Please attach CVs that demonstrate how the team proposed meets the minimum requirements listed in section 5 (Minimum Requirements).
iii. Technical Approach, Methodology and Detailed Work Plan. The Technical Proposal should describe in detail how the bidder intends to carry out the requirements described in the Terms of Reference
iv. Budget that prices out the Deliverables
 Please use provided budget to price out deliverables.
How to apply
Please review the full RFP at the following link here .
For successful submission please fill out a budget using the Budget Template.
Proposals must be received no later than April 1, 2022, 11:59pm UTC−05:00.
Late submissions will not be accepted. Proposals must be submitted via email to email@example.com . All proposals are to be submitted following the guidelines listed in this RFP.