The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research. Our researchers address important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions and improve the quality of life in Africa.
The Center seeks to recruit aReceptionistto provide receptionist and administrative services to the office.
· Manage the reception desk and interface with visitors to the Center;
· Ensure the reception area is kept clean and attractive, furniture properly arranged and magazines, brochures, daily newspapers and other literature are up to date;
· Carry out basic accounting duties including maintenance of office petty cash;
· Execute secretarial tasks- booking meeting rooms, taking minutes during staff meetings and handling necessary logistical requirements;
· Manage the switchboard, ensure smooth communication flow between the Center and external parties;
· Process Local Purchase Orders, purchase requisitions, receive invoices and forwarding for payment;
· Receive stationery items;
· Process business cards for staff;
· Requisition and distribute airtime to eligible staff; and
· Reconcile monthly statements for APHRC’s flight bookings.
· Bachelors’ degree in Administration or related field;
· Excellent skills in MS Office Suite;
· At least 3 years of similar experience in a busy office, preferably in INGO;
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills;
· Ability to assess priorities and manage competing demands with minimum supervision;
· Reliable and attentive to detail;
· Experience in handling finances is desirable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portalhttps://aphrc.org/vacancies/byMarch 20, 2020.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:**
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
*APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children***