Heshima Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting refugee children and empowering unaccompanied and separated refugee children, especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs.
The primary responsibility of this position is to man the front office and provide clerical and administrative support to the management of office operations. The job holder will also double up as a HR Assistant and offer support to the Human Resource function by handling all HR related administrative duties
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mans the reception desk with a high degree of poise and professionalism
- Receives and directs phone calls (from the switch board) and enquires as appropriate to staff and clients
- Manages the Day-to-day office operations, maintenance, Cleanliness and organization of the office.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company phone numbers, company website and other related information
- Supervises the cleaners to maintain high standards of hygiene, cleanliness, tidiness in the office
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel
- Responds to general enquires with accurate information
- Records, sorts and date stamps incoming mail and courier deliveries.
- Coordinates courier services to ensure deliveries are made on the same day and delivery notes are received and filed.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and email communications both internally and externally.
- Doubles up as the HR Assistant and handles all the administrative function of the unit e.g, filing, leave management, time sheets management, support in recruitment, staff medical scheme administration
- Responsible for responding to inquiries on the company’s email by checking, sorting and forwarding emails to the relevant individuals in the company.
- Receives letters, packages and documents dropped at the office and distributing them to the relevant staff
- A Diploma in Business Administration, HR Front Office Operations or an equivalent.
- Proficiency in Ms Office, planning tools, using a computer, printer & scanner.
- Good communication skills with outstanding presentation and confidence.
- Mastery in written & spoken English is highly desirable.
- At least one (1) year working experience in a busy NGO
- Pleasant demeanor, well groomed.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organize & coordinate multiple activities simultaneously.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and effective listening skills.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills.
Your application should be send to the address below indicating the position applied in the email subject by close of business Friday 18th January 2019. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format and given your sir name) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Ps: Please note that Heshima Kenya does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be sent through the email provided.
Heshima Kenya/ RefuSHE
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.