- August 9, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Title: Receptionist
Reports To: Sr. Administration Officer
Country/Location: Uganda/ Kampala
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome you as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS activities in Uganda began in 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees coming across the borders from the north as well as those from Condo and Rwanda from the western borders. Over the years, CRS expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central, and eastern Uganda. CRS’ projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding, and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability.
You will provide services in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
• Project Insight – Requisitioner: Handles all Requisitioning services for the CP with specific emphasis on Field offices of Yumbe & Kyangwali Office Requisitions.
• Facilitate communication with all units of the organization and external stakeholders as relevant. Send /receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/ faxes/ letters/ documents and operate office switchboard.
o Management of CP Procurement Bids Email and Retrieving of Bids for bid’s committee’ review
o Business Cards processing for staff
o Management of CP post box and dispatching of mails
• Ensure phone bills are reconciled, compile summary reports and raise payments requests and follow up on timely payment to vendors
o Allocation of phones to staff and maintain a tracking schedule for allocated phones
• Ensure effective management of front desk
o CP central focal person and liaison with all visitors and stakeholders including support to the CR for document preparations.
o Serve as a central point for disseminating interdepartmental communication. Facilitate communication with all departments and external stakeholders as relevant.
• Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g., various contact lists, etc.).
• Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments where required. Maintain phone inventory and ensure staff and visitors are provided with phones, as required.
• Support the CP Due Diligence Activities for Vendors, prepare and submit a report,
• Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities, including coordination of conference room use and ensure relevant information is shared as needed.
• Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
• support with Hotel & Flight bookings for all staff and guests and ensuring that they are handled within the required standards
• Preparation of petty cash requests and support with management of petty cash box in the absence of the Sr. Admin. Officer
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• Diploma in Business Administration or Management required. Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration preferred.
• Two years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
• Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
• Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
• Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
• Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
• Culturally sensitive and patient
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All staff
External: Visitors, partners, vendors
This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics.
CRS Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
How to apply
How to apply
To apply for this position please Click Here. The deadline for receiving applications is no later than August 22, 2023, before 5 PM.