- March 1, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Employment Band: Non-Management G1 Band
Reporting to: Regional Head of Support Services
Technical Line Manager: Chair, Dynamics Governance Board
Unit/Department: Support Services
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Authorization level: None
Overall purpose of the role:
The Regional Dynamics Specialist role is responsible to provide support in DRC Dynamics usage for maximum 20% of its time and to contribute to implementation of the targets and initiatives decided by DRC Dynamics Governance Board for minimum 80% of its time. The overall objective is to work towards full implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning system, DRC Dynamics in the coming period. The position requires a person who has a good understanding of all functionalities included in DRC Dynamics – including the interdependencies between the different functionalities. The Regional Dynamics Specialist roles requires strong communication and stakeholder management skills to work closely together with all involved colleagues in HQ, regional and country offices.
Provide DRC Dynamics support (max. 20% of the time)
- Oversee that the supported Regional and Country offices have in place the required structure of super-users.
- Take lead in the process of filling the gaps in the super-users’ structure, by getting in touch with the decision-making factors.
- Take lead and coordinate the process of onboarding new super-users by providing training or organizing the required training.
- Prepare checklist for super-users onboarding.
- Provide ad-hoc support to super-users.
- Develop checklists for solutions of common bugs/challenges which countries face.
- Deliver on the other tasks assigned by the line manager regarding DRC Dynamics usage.
Contribute to Dynamics Governance Structure and implementation of the targets sets by Governance Board (min. 80% of the time)
- Be an active member of the assigned Business Process Boards, to ensure that the field perspective is considered, to be the voice of the represented peers and facilitate the both-ways communication.
- Support the implementation of the targets set by Governance Board by acting as a project team member or reference group member for the assigned targets. The allocation of the targets will follow rather the competencies of the person, instead of the geographical area that she / he represents. Specific objectives and tasks will be allocated by the target responsible. In high-level terms, the contribution of the Regional Dynamics Specialists is expected to be around:
- Data gathering and data inputting for the analysis phase.
- Contributing to solutions design based on available experience and knowledge of field reality.
- Proof-checking the validity of the targeted solutions – assessing how realistic is to have the aimed solution implemented in the field, what is required as preparation, implementation and operation for the aimed solution and feeding that information into the project team / working group.
- Acting as solution testers.
- Developing support materials (training materials, e-learning courses, user manuals, etc);
- Working on roll-out planning, including preparation of operations readiness checklists.
- Assessing capacity of the operations for roll-out / new solution launch and feedback into the project team.
- Building capacity in the operations for roll-out / launch of new solutions.
- Taking lead into roll-out / launch of new solutions for certain geographical areas.
- Monitoring progress immediately after GO Live / launch of new solutions and providing required support or escalating the issues.
- Be the liaison between Dynamics Governance Board and the Senior Management Teams (SMTs) from the Regional and Country Offices represented – ensure the SMTs members are informed and onboard with the initiatives undertaken by the DRC Dynamics Governance Board and any confusions / issues are being communicated back to the Governance Board, so they can be addressed;
- Act as ambassador of DRC Dynamics change throughout the represented region, to support the change management effort required to successfully continue the roll-out of DRC Dynamics.
- Ensure that the risks related to DRC Dynamics are mainstreamed into all other risk management activities as defined by the DRC Risk Management Framework.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 5 years relevant business experience, preferably in an international NGO with at least 2 years’ with ERP system
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the core business areas supported by DRC Dynamics (Finance, Supply Chain, HR, or Grants)
- Ability to develop clear goals and identify priority activities and assignments
- Demonstrated experience in the use of DRC Dynamics
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player
- Previous experience in facilitation and excellent presentation skills
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- University Degree in IT, Business Administration or one of the core areas supported by DRC Dynamics (Finance, Supply Chain, Human Resources, etc)
- English (Full professional proficiency)
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development