- July 31, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
- Functions as a specialist in Procurement in the region.
- Support effective implementation of procurement policies and systems in the countries of jurisdiction with a particular focus on compliance to DRC Procurement Governance Framework
- Provision of technical support and compliance oversite to field procurement officials across operations covered by Regional Office
- Monitor fulfillment of KPIs by field procurement departments and provide necessary experience sharing/learning sessions for strengthen capacity of stakeholders.
This role has a regional focus and ensures compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines within the whole regional area. The role contributes to the development of regional strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing activities with regional scope.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the compliance and implementation of Operations Handbook by country operations in the region.
- In close cooperation with relevant stakeholders assess Programme needs trends and develop regional procurement plans based on facilitating the core framework agreements to meet the continuous demands
- Provide necessary compliance checks/reviews of solicitation documents for high value tenders, such as ITB/RFP (Restricted, National and International) documentation, before advertising and/or preparing the High Value Approval submissions
- Compile monthly (and on demand) reports received from field offices to provide country procurement reports to relevant internal stakeholders
- Make sure that country procurement focal points are well trained in his/her responsibility zone by providing effective knowledge sharing. On demand, organize procurement training for procurement officials and contribute to learning sessions for regional programme staff.
- Ensure implementation of CAST/audit recommendations relating to Supply Chain
- Responsible for providing specialized knowledge and operational know-how within a specific discipline
ERP Procurement module
- Ensure that regional procurement business processes are fully registered and processed in DRC corporate System (Dynamics);
- Support Regional Supply Chain Manager in capacity building workshops and trainings for DRC internal stakeholders;
- Lead the country vendor and item database
- Maintain Regional MDM supplier catalog. When relevant, exchange the supplier database information across other stakeholders in the region;
- Make sure that vetting and supplier performance evaluation records are duly filed and reported if needed
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in humanitarian Procurement management
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management
- Experience with standard public procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management
- Practical experience in sourcing and working with 3PL companies
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel
- Experience in operating an ERP supply chain system
- English (Fluent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Degree in e.g., Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management
- Certification in Humanitarian Procurement/Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree)
Contract length: (24) Months
Position Band: This position will be placed at Non-Management (G1) band
Start date: ASAP
Duty station: duty station to be agreed with the preferred candidate within DRC operations in Asia & Europe region
Designation of Position: Unaccompanied Position
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Younes.email@example.com
How to apply
Interested to apply? All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: August 13, 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.