- October 27, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
In view of the dire humanitarian crisis taking place in Tigray, HI Ethiopia, has established a project providing functional rehabilitation and MHPSS interventions, using the comprehensive approach for conflict affected populations in the NW zone. Working alongside regional and local health authorities as well as NGO partners, HI provides integrated support throughout Shire.
The project has a dual modality, offering services through fixed-points and local health facilities, with an additional outreach component to IDP sites. In 2022 the intention is to scale-up the outreach component of the project to ensure greater coverage to additional areas with high need in the NW zone of Tigray. It will also see a further scale-up of the size of the team, and greater integration of MHPSS services as part of the integrated approach adopted.
The project contributes to HIs strategic operational framework for the emergency in Tigray to address the identified needs through the following pillars:
- Pillar 1: Integrated approach between MHPSS, Protection, IHA and Functional & Physical Rehabilitation, to improve access to services and wellbeing of the conflict affected populations including the most vulnerable and persons with specific needs
- Pillar 2: Contribute to improve access and ensure delivery of assistance to the most vulnerable living in Tigray while limiting the use of logistics negative coping mechanisms.
Reporting to the Operations Manager of Northern Ethiopia, and in collaboration with HQ services, the Rehabilitation Project Manager contributes to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion in the country where s/he is based. S/he ensures optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country by means of a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. With all HI managers, and through paradigm changes, s/he shares responsibility for the sound management and effective functioning of the global organisation.
Responsibility 1 : Management
-You directly manage the project’s team members
-You organise and lead regular team meetings
-You manage the recruitment and selection of new team members
-You ensure strict application and respect of the programme’s Internal Regulations by the project team.
Responsibility 2 : Expertise
-You provide the technical expertise for your project
-You help to coordinate technical professional development and facilitates a community of practice, in collaboration with Rehabilitation Division
-You manage relationships with technical authorities, local partners or other stakeholders
Responsibility 3 : Implementation and Monitoring
-You ensure project implementation, in collaboration with the relevant services and in line with general standards and procedures
-You ensure project data management
-You ensure project reporting
-You prepare and steers project evaluation and capitalisation
Responsibility 4 : Influence & Communication
-You contribute to HI’s external influence by participating in relevant networks
-You communicate on the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant
Responsibility 5 : Strategy & business development
-You contribute to programme or country operational strategy (StratOp)
-You draft new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project
-You contribute to the drafting of new proposals for new opportunities
· You hold a degree in physiotherapy or occupational therapy
· You have at least 2 years’ experience of clinical experience and project management, preferably in emergency context
· You have experience providing training and technical supervision in the field of physical and functional rehabilitation with NGO’s
· You master team management, collaboration and capacity building
· You are able to work in a tense and volatile context with strict security measures
· You demonstrate strong interpersonal and multicultural skills as well as a high level of autonomy and initiative
· You show excellent verbal and written communication in English
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
· 4 to 8 months International contract starting from January 2021
· The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:**
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals**
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount**
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution **
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI**
· Salary from 2448 € gross/month upon experience
· Perdiem: 515 € net/month – paid in the field
· Hardship: 500 € net/month paid with your salary
· Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
· R&R: 5 days every 6 weeks
· Unaccompanied position
· Collective housing taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
How to apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Only successful candidates will be contacted.