- April 4, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Resident Program Manager (RPM) provides day‐to‐day oversight and management of IRI’s FCDO funded project. The RPM supports implementation of IRI’s inclusion in political parties and civic activism project, including designing and delivering trainings, coaching program beneficiaries and national staff as well as monitoring the program budget for compliance with donor regulations. S/he will work on a range of inclusion and advocacy themes, including specific activities that build the capacity of civic activists and political actors to promote inclusive governance and hold accountable those in government. S/he reports to the Resident Program Director (RPD) as part of the field leadership team. The RPM will be based in Erbil with routine travel to Baghdad expected.
The RPM manages select Iraqi national program and grant-specific compliance staff, interacts with other IRI Iraq field-based teams, IRI Washington headquarters staff, U.S. and host country government officials, and program beneficiaries.
- Undergraduate degree and 5-7 years professional experience in international development, with experience managing programmatic and operational logistics for large-scale field-based projects, ideally in the Middle East and/or other challenging environments.
- Technical experience developing and delivering innovative programming with a focus on youth participation in politics.
- Experience working directly with political parties and civic activists on inclusive participation and overseeing activities implemented by local and international partners.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the logistical execution of high-profile events and delegations, including transportation, lodging and visa/access requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills. Proven attention to detail and ability to manage detailed records.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with various stakeholders, including USG/HMG officials, USAID/FCDO, other international missions, host governments, other project implementers and national partners.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet program and operational needs.
- Experience pro-actively anticipating, identifying and analyzing complex problems and developing creative solutions.
- Experience with financial management, including basic accounting experience necessary to draft and oversee a budget.
- Willingness to travel and live in a challenging political environment abroad. Previous experience in a field-based position in a similar environment strongly preferred.
- Arabic fluency desirable.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directly manages the implementation of program activities, ensuring consistency with grant work plans and objectives. Ensures adherence to program monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on political and related developments in Iraq to provide regional and country analysis.
- Maintains an understanding of donor and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight, as well as a grant’s substantive, financial and compliance requirements.
- Will supervise assigned national staff, including participating in the hiring, professional development and evaluation process for these staff. Sets specific goals and provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Serves as an IRI representative in country to select audiences, developing credibility with and maintaining good relationships with peer organizations, U.S. and U.K. diplomats and donor agencies and host-country government representatives to support operations benchmarking.
- Provides information and contributes to sections of quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for donors.
- Actively supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans, and drafting program summaries and other outreach materials, such as web stories, tweets, etc.
- Contributes to Weekly Reports to send to Washington, D.C.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Please submit both resume and cover letter to the company website: Resident Program Manager – Iraq | Job Opportunities (ultipro.com)