- May 22, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
As a member of the Afghanistan Senior Management Team (SMT), this position leads the application of SCI risk management framework in the CO; it provides the CD with assurance that the CO has a well-informed and forward looking overview of the risks it operates under, that risks are proactively and dynamically managed along and across functional lines, and that learning is embedded into ways of working so as to effectively prevent the reoccurrence of incidents and concerns. The Risk and Compliance Director is responsible for directing and conducting high quality and outcomes-focussed internal control & compliance practices, including internal audit assignments (financial, review, policy and procedure compliance, operational and process compliance), to ensure that SCI and Partner programs are in compliance with both SCI and Donor’s rules and regulations.
The position will lead Child Safeguarding and Adult safeguarding strategic positioning, developing plans to ensure country office is fully compliant including employee awareness, reporting, and responding to relevant issues The position will also be the focal point for Child and Adult safeguarding and fraud reporting from staff and partners, and will lead the planning and implementation of relevant investigations. S/he will be responsible to ensure training and continue raising awareness on Child and Adult Safeguarding and Anti-Fraud, Bribery and Corruption with all staff and partners.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Ensuring Financial Internal Control and Compliances:
* Assess and further develop the internal control framework and system at Country Office/Field Office level and partners level
* Coordinate with Awards, Finance and Program Managers to reinforce and ensure the program implementations/ activities of SCI and Partners are in compliance with both SCI and Donor’s rules and regulations
* Assist to provide coaching to relevant staff member for the effectiveness of partners internal control system in place.
* Lead Risk Mitigation and Compliance within the SMT
* Under CD’s delegation, chair the CO Risk Management Committee ensuring that the mechanism deliberations are documented
* Identification: Lead identification, monitoring and assessment of key CO risks across locations
* Mitigation: Lead the regular review of the CO Risk Management Plan, including tracking progress and recommending additional mitigation actions to the SMT; ensures alignment between risk mitigation actions and functional priorities.
* Reporting : Escalate risk management issues to the SMT for resolution; submit the RMP to the regional office on a quarterly basis; ensure that feedback is acted upon. Coordinate the LoA process with function and provide assurance to CD that LoA is comprehensive and accurate.
* Learning: Promote best risk management practices across SMT, ESMT and field locations; Train new E/SMT members on risk management.
* Lead in preparation of CO annual internal audit work plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns or compliance issues identified through monitoring (finance, program). Work plans will address both special needs as well as prioritize areas based on the key risks identified through the risk assessment process.
* Conduct internal audit as per annual plan. The audit plan will include audit of various departments of CO and all field offices, as well as our funded partners. Work with team to draft reports and recommendations for improvements.
* Monitor follow up activity to ensure follow up is in line with agreed recommendations within specific period of time. Update follow up tracker sheet and submit to Country Director every quarter.
* Leading developing audit tools and techniques, provides recommendations to SMT on improvement of internal audit strategy and methodology.
* Maintain fundamental principles and ethics of auditor such as high level of confidentiality, integrity, objectivity, professional competence and behaviour.
* Maintain quality of audit, standard audit working papers and documentation.
* Be alternative focal point with external auditors, ensuring audits are completed in a timely manner and providing assistance as appropriate, including planning and preparation of audit, arrange entrance/exit meeting with the auditor, and regularly follow up the progress of audit findings and recommendations
* Serves as focal point for GA audits and ensure that findings are implemented on time and lead to durable and substantial improvement.
* Work in close coordination with finance for audit planning.
Child and Adult Safeguarding and Anti-Fraud
* Provide overfight to all child and adult safeguarding processes, policies and procedures.
* Provide support in conducting Child and Adult safeguarding aspect of partner assessment, and to develop and monitor relevant capacity building plans to partners
* Support partner to develop and implement Child and Adult safeguarding policy, plans and monitoring mechanisms.
* Act as the focial point for safer partnerships to engage ensure good governance system, internal control systems, and anti-fraud mechanisms are place etc.
* Work with Support Services teams to ensure that all implementing partners/vendors, suppliers and service providers understand their Child and Adult safeguarding and anti-fraud obligations
* Developing tools/ to be implemented across projects to monitor implementation
* Deliver a suite of tailored mandatory core training workshops as to enable country office staff to undertake their roles and mainstream safeguarding functions. Support HR department in delivery of induction trainings.
* Develop and provide tailored training and support to teams delivering programmes across the project locations.
* Build the capacity of the project and partner staff in order make sure that our programmes are designed and implemented safely.
* Build the capacity of the CSG field focal persons in appropriately identifying, responding to and reporting on Child and Adult safeguarding concerns.
* Develop material that will highlight the Child and Adult Safeguarding messages to reach different audiences
* Lead any investigation on fraud, safeguarding or other compliance breaches, required by management.
* Regularly report the progress of investigation to Country Director and ARO
* Track and follow up actions. Provide periodical report to SMT on action plan implementation.
* Analyse trends and suggest proactive measures to mitigate relevant risks.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
* holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
* sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
* builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
* values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
* develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* willing to take disciplined risks.
* honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Master Degree in relevant fields such as Finance/Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management or in other related field. Extensive and substantive relevant practical experience may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
* 5 – 7 years of relevant working experience in a corporate or INGO environment,
* Strong knowledge of statutory regulation, system design with development and sound knowledge of financial transactions analysis
* Proven significant working experience as a chief risk officer of a humanitarian or development programme
* Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
* Proven knowledge of international and local auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
* Understanding of strategic finance issues with strong influencing skills.
* Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data, design and produce effective management information
* Strong knowledge on Child/Adult Safeguarding and Fraud Prevention, particularly experience in leading the capacity development and incident investigation
* Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
* Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
* Fluency in English (written and verbal)
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 16 November 2022
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS44Njc2Mi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20