- November 29, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Salary: £46,112 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 39 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflict and natural disasters.
IRW’s Safeguarding team is recruiting for the position of Safeguarding Manager on a full-time, permanent basis to join its dynamic team based out of its offices in Birmingham, UK. The organisation is currently working to a hybrid working model. The team is instrumental in upholding high ethical standards and prioritizing the safety and well-being of all stakeholders associated with IRW’s mission.
The Safeguarding Manager will actively shape and execute IRW’s global safeguarding strategy, ensuring a secure and respectful environment. Their responsibilities will include aligning policies with global standards and integrating safeguarding throughout all organisational divisions, with a particular emphasis on the International Programmes Division.
In this role, the post-holder will strategically oversee and implement safeguarding case management and investigations within IRW, collaborating with Country Offices and, as necessary, with the broader Islamic Relief global network.
Additionally, the Safeguarding Manager will provide proactive capacity-building support to country programs and strengthening survivor support mechanisms. Drawing insights from past cases, they will address safeguarding system gaps and communicate crucial information to Thematic Leads and Programme Development teams.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Proven track record in national or international roles focused on safeguarding or Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA).
- Extensive experience operating in humanitarian settings or similar international sectors, involving collaboration with diverse stakeholders, authorities, and international partners.
- In-depth knowledge of sector trends pertaining to safeguarding, PSEA, and nuanced approaches to sensitive programming.
- Demonstrated history of designing and delivering training sessions for diverse stakeholders, staff, and local teams.
- Educational background up to degree level, complemented by a recognized qualification in safeguarding, preferably with hands-on experience in conducting investigations.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, recognizing the impact of cultural differences on safeguarding practices.
- Proven expertise in leading complex safeguarding cases across diverse global contexts.
- Successful track record of managing teams both in physical and remote settings
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 03/01/2024.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- criminal records check
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer