Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working inAngola, Central African Republic, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, TanzaniaandUgandaimplementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is committed to developing and enforcing safeguarding policies in all its projects and activities.
JOB TITLESafeguarding Manager
JOB LOCATIONSierra Leone, Freetown with travels in the project locations
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 15, 2020
START DATEMay-June 2020
· Relevant qualification in safeguarding related field (such as gender-based violence, child protection etc.) and/or extensive experience in preventing, detecting, and responding to sexual abuse and exploitation matters, preferably with NGOs
· Excellent knowledge of English
· Proven track record in dealing with investigations and responses, especially for misconduct cases.
· Previous experience in supervising and training others.
· Proven track record in designing and managing frameworks to strengthen organizations’ value-based culture
· Organizational skills and ability to work under pressure with scarce resources
· Ability to work collaboratively in team and with a wide range of stakeholders
The Safeguarding Manager will provide expertise on safeguarding and related issues across the organisation, and will coordinate, support and advise on the implementation of Safeguarding standards and initiatives.
The specific tasks are:
· Ensure that all safeguarding policies and procedures are kept up to date, incorporate lessons learnt, comply with government and donor’s requirements and with the NGO commitment to transparency and accountability
· Actively promote integrity throughout the organization and engage managers to play an active role in enhancing our value-based ways of working, detecting, and proactively reacting to any arising misconduct
· Provide technical assistance to strengthen safeguarding, contributing to build or enhance prevention, detection and response mechanisms
· Help to support and raise awareness about the reporting mechanism
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting on safeguarding to management, the board and relevant stakeholders
· Ensure there is support and advice for those who are victims or survivors of abuse, making appropriate referral to organizations that are mandated to provide emergency and ongoing support.
· Continuous training of National and International staff on safeguarding.
· Work directly with partners on training, policies and reporting mechanisms
· Help build trust and confidence in reporting, investigation and follow up systems and foster a climate where team members feel confident and comfortable coming forward with issues
· Help maintain organized, confidential and thorough investigation files
· Help identify lessons learned from safeguarding investigations for the NGO to consider when revising policies, procedures, and training
How to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, gender or religion.
Selection interviews will be done face-to-face or by Skype.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com