- July 12, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Position Title: Senior Administrative Assistant (DPDC)
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 20 July 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The Department of Peace and Development Coordination (DPDC) oversees planning, programming, research, policy, capacity building and advocacy efforts and providing policy, regulatory and operational guidance in matters related to humanitarian, development, and peace nexus, enhancing IOM’s programming and institutional capacities in both humanitarian and development contexts, incl. environment and climate change, responses in post-crisis contexts, transition and recovery programs and integrating migration into sustainable development policies and action plans. This includes working together with all IOM divisions, regional and country offices, as well as development cooperation partners and donors to strengthen capacities for ensuring that migration is leveraged for sustainable development in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Global Compact on Migration.
The Department comprises of three Divisions, Migration, Environment, Climate Change and Risk Reduction Division (MECR), Migration and Sustainable Development Division (MSD) and Transition and Recovery Division (TRD).
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Department of Peace and Development Coordination, the Senior Administrative Assistant will provide general secretarial and administrative support to Department of Peace and Development Coordination.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Department of Peace and Development Coordination in all administrative tasks, ranging from planning meetings, organizing duty travel (TDY), coordinating with other Departments in relation to the Department Director’s responsibilities and scope of activities.
- Provide overall logistical and administrative assistance to all colleagues of Department of Peace and Development Coordination, as needed.
- Assist with planning and organizing the meetings, taking notes during the meetings and streamlining work processes across the Department.
- Initiate, update, follow-up and proceed with the payment of local Consultancy Contracts. Coordinate with Divisions requiring the Consultancy Contracts and ensure that all steps are being followed from the recruitment until the payment of the consultancy fees.
- Coordinate with the DRM-ESU Human Resources Officer (HRO) on contracts and ensure that all Department staff members/Consultant/Interns are equipped with badge/e-mail account/carte de legitimation in due course.
- Assist DPDC Divisions in the procurement and payment procedures, as required.
- Coordinate and supervise the Travel Authorization (TA) processing for DPDC.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration, Social Science, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant experience; or
- Completed High School / Secondary School education with six years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in an international organization; and,
- Proven experience in record keeping, reporting and project implementation.
- Ability to coordinate project activities with input from colleagues and external partners for the achievement of results; and,
- Ability to work independently according to established structures and guidelines, including administrative requirements, and maintain coordination with colleagues and supervisor.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internal candidates of the Organization will be considered as first-tier candidates.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only qualified Swiss nationals or candidates residing in Switzerland or neighbouring France will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 20 July 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 07.07.2022 to 20.07.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2022 05 (GS) Senior Administrative Assistant (DPDC) (G6) Geneva, Switzerland (57663869) Released
Posting: Posting NC57663870 (57663870) Released